Chrysler Pacifica Tires

paulmi0413

Does anyone have some input on a set of new tires for my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring FWD? I'm looking for something to handle the snow(no major towing) and summer riding on the hwy. There are so many options and millions of reviews... Any information will help.

Thanks.

jroz

I would stay away from Continentals. If you can afford Michelins, those seem to work the best on Pacificas.

frnash

Gee whiz, ol' <font color="0000ff">anonomoose</font> beat me to it!
Nobody knows winter tires like da Finns!
Click → Nokian Tyres.
Check the dealer locator link on their website. There are quite a few around Chicago.

jroz

As far as price vs. value, the BF Goodrich Traction TA is probably the best quality value tire for this car. At the other end, the MIchelin Energy MXVR Plus is the most popular replacement tire for those who want to spend the money. BF Goodrich is approximately $160 per tire, While the Michelin is about $275 per tire.

jebjk1

I 2nd the Nokians. Amazing on the snow and ice, plus they are great in the summer. Best tire I have ever had.

brad

After speaking with a couple of dealers, comparing the Nokia tires to Michelins, I went with the Michelins specifically recommended for my vehicle by Michelin. Go to www.michelin.com and you can actually plug your specific vehicle into their website and it will bring up the model of Michelin tire recommended.

Apparently the Nokias will not last as long, and their ride quality is not as good. I replaced my Michelins with Michelins as they're superb riding tires, and I have NEVER had issues with them in the snow on my Toyota 4-Runner. And I do spend my time between 2 MI snowbelts.

knarly

I have 2005 pacifica with Nokia Hookapolita snow tires. They are by far the best tire on snow and ice I have ever had. Hands down. Yes, they are a little bit nosier than the summer tires I run on the car, but the traction on snow and ice is well worth it.

frnash

Oops: <strike>Hookapolita</strike> → Hakkapeliitta!
happy.gif

indybru

Check out tirerack.com they have lots of choices and a full set of customer reviews.

You have many options to select depending what's important to you. Awesome site.

t660redrocket

I just put a new (used) set on my Pacifica. Found some nice used Michelins with 80% tread at one of the local salvage yards. $20 each! Sweet deal. Can't remember the last time a bought a brand new tire.

whitedust

Had the Nokians Hakkapeliitta on my Tahoe & did not wear well at all & did not feel they lived up to the Finnish hype. Went back to BF Goodrich & doing much better on wear. Not a Pacifica but we use the Tahoe as a road car from WI to AZ & FL then all winter in Northwoods. BF Goodrich has done the best for me.