Cleaning pontoons

Anyone have any advice on what to use to get the the toons on my pontoon boat to shine again like they did when they were new? I dont leave the boat in the water so it isn't stained from water, they just look really dull and old. Anyone know of any great products to get those looking new again? Also what do you use on seats to get black marks off? Thanks in advance for any advice!

T

Tracker

L.A. TOTALLY AWESOME.....as seen on TV....available at dollar general or dollartree for 3 bucks a gallon....best stuff you'll ever find...makes aluminum brite...and takes off exhaust black off side panels...wont hurt stickers....just wipe it quickly and rinse...don't let it set for too long on aluminum as it will look shinny but spotty its so good....I let it set on side panels though for 1/2 hour....no hurt...no spots...stickers still good....I did me whole 1991 triton 4 place also and it looks new...will post a pic when I can....I tried every thing, this was the best....I even tried gas...acetone...isopropyl....simple green....even happich semi chrome....best bang for the buck

images

T

Tracker

Couple of things if it's super dirty with algae and Barnacles then it might not do it with just sitting on it and rinsing the trailer had that iron ore on it from up north in the u p and man that stuff would not come off so I had to take a 90 degree grinder with like a 4 in wheel with medium Scotch-Brite mounted to it and then I L A totally awesome that it look like it came out of the factory here's a picture of my sled I just did this yesterday and it took off the iron ore mud from my riding....and trailer rims with mud and grease

20180507_120336.jpg

20180507_120319.jpg

IOWASLEDDER

I have a pontoon and I use what is called "The Works" shower cleaner. I use that on the pontoons and the thru hull exhaust pipes only. It's good stuff!! Don't spray that stuff anywhere else on the pontoon.

There is a product called Sharkhide that is supposed to work wonders on pontoons and making them all shiny. I hear its rather laborious to apply but the results are good. I've never used it cause I really don't care what my pontoons look like.

maddogg

I've heard good things about Sharkhide. Never used it though. This is why I can't own a pontoon - I'd polish the toons to a chrome finish and then just drink beer and look at it instead of drink beer on it in the water lol.

favoritos

Talk to a trucker. Many methods to clean. Acid wash will get you started. Keeping the shine after a good clean isn't so bad. That first clean/shine will take some work. I have not found a substitute for a lot of elbow grease. Make sure you finish the job and seal the aluminum after an acid wash.

try a magic eraser on the seats to get black marks off. Just used some the other day to take off painted on pin stripes on the wife's car.

try a magic eraser on the seats to get black marks off. Just used some the other day to take off painted on pin stripes on the wife's car.

I would not use a Magic Eraser on the seats. Magic Erasers are abrasive, that's how they work. They will ruin the finish on the vinyl. Lots of discussions on boating web sites on this exact topic.