Club insurance question?

bobt

Just saw on FB, Blue Ox Club in Florence lost their insurance and stopped grooming.

Anybody have any ideas?

I would think the insurance company would just raise the cost, not cancel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220207-065124_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220207-065124_Samsung Internet.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 11

bobt

They did have a groomer barn fire and lost 1 or 2 groomers, I think it was November 2019.

lt250rfd

Just saw on FB, Blue Ox Club in Florence lost their insurance and stopped grooming.

Anybody have any ideas?

I would think the insurance company would just raise the cost, not cancel.
From what we heard Saturday, had a few claims from instances over past few years. Unfortunately sounds like insurance company dropped from the high dollar amounts.

dfattack

They also had a claim / suit where a rider hit a groomer and I believe claimed groomer was at fault. I can’t figure how that could ever be the case. Those groomers are lit up like Christmas trees. Apparently it’s an ongoing case which I believe the insurance company at the time needs to continue covering expenses related to that claim until it’s closed. The previous insurance premiums were shared with me and the first three quotes that came back were about 3 times what it was previously. Last I was told there was a broker working on it and was getting an additional 5 quotes. They were hoping to stay “local” but money talks. If you have to venture out beyond your town I would do so. This was last week. Haven’t heard anything since

dfattack

Just spoke to club president. No changes but they have a meeting tonight at the resource center at 6:00pm so might find out more info after that.

dfattack

Good news! the club obtained insurance and plans on starting up grooming operations starting tomorrow February 9th.

Jaydoo

Good news! the club obtained insurance and plans on starting up grooming operations starting tomorrow February 9th.
That is great news, thanks DF. From their facebook it looks like they will be out giving er. Should be good with the little snow coming and the cold temps to follow. Looked a little dirty and thin along Cty B by Co-op yesterday but the fields and woods looked good.