Clunk noise when taking off from a stop

mebearman

2009 Polaris trail touring. After pulling up to a atop sign and then go to accelerate there is a clunk sound. If I coast up at don't brake I don't notice it. I think its from the chain case and I think I have that adjusted correctly. Is it normal with the perk reverse?

Thanks
Harry

snocrazy

possibly a keyway of some sort on the gear in chaincase? I dont know polaris. I know my old yamaha srx had a clunk in breaking. It was the key for the brake rotor on the top drive shaft behind the chain case.

junior

Or older belt and it is the clearance on the primary you hear from a stop. When the moveable sheeve slaps the belt. Still, no issue

raceinsnow

On a Polaris sled with push button reverse that is normal. It is the secondary clutch,the rollers are floating between the forward and reverse tracks and when you stop and take off the rollers clunk into the forward tracks. Again this is normal

mebearman

Thanks raceinsnow. That is what I thought was going on but wasn't sure. 1st time with the perk reverse but my son had one a few years ago and I thought his sled did the same thing.