Clutching for the Black Hills 2011 pro-r 800

GBPoo

Making plans for the Black hills and just want to make sure my 2011 800 pro-r will be clutched right, anyone ride out there with stock setup?

polarisrider1

Making plans for the Black hills and just want to make sure my 2011 800 pro-r will be clutched right, anyone ride out there with stock setup?
Ask your dealer for a clutching chart for your sled. It is a suppliment to your generic owners manual. They print it off the computer. Make an extra copy and stash it in the manual.

jr37

I've been to the Black Hills without doing any clutching changes. I wouldn't waste the time with changes, just go and ride.

ezra

Ask your dealer for a clutching chart for your sled. It is a supplement to your generic owners manual. They print it off the computer. Make an extra copy and stash it in the manual.
why dont sleds have that info under the hood any more? is the sticker really gonna push that price over the edge? all my cats had clutching/jetting sticker the new cats no go.dont think the poos did at least the 07 in my garage dose not. I went to Kinko's shrunk the slp chart for jets and clutching and laminate it in a luggage tag and zip tied it to a fuel line.
stuff like that just rubs me spend 11g and they cant slap a .03 cent sticker with info they know 60% of the people will need.

polarisrider1

why dont sleds have that info under the hood any more? is the sticker really gonna push that price over the edge? all my cats had clutching/jetting sticker the new cats no go.dont think the poos did at least the 07 in my garage dose not. I went to Kinko's shrunk the slp chart for jets and clutching and laminate it in a luggage tag and zip tied it to a fuel line.
stuff like that just rubs me spend 11g and they cant slap a .03 cent sticker with info they know 60% of the people will need.
Totally agree. I suspect it has been eliminated to make the newbies take their sleds to the dealer for everything. Cha Ching! I have to laugh at the big ole boys who have not a clue how to set up their suspension to their weight. Snow flap dragging and they complain that there sled is junk and the trails are to bumpy. Poo used to give the info under the hood too, way back on the wedge and up to the gen 2 chassis.

Last edited:

rp7x

o7 6 rmk

mine has jet & clutch charts in owners manuel 2 extra pages with the slp pipe, i think some people just need to ask

whitedust

I've been to the Black Hills without doing any clutching changes. I wouldn't waste the time with changes, just go and ride.

X 2.....Carbs will run a little fat so take plugs but don't change clutching not worth it unless you have clickers but would not even do that unless bogging bad to current set up which probably won't happen. Fuel around BH has octane needed for elevation different than in midwest. Good to go just ride!

ezra

why would you spend 11g on a sled $400 in fuel $300 in lodging %1500 to $2000 in time off work. then not have your sled perform at its peek performance for a 40 buck set of weights CRAZY!
ok if you are just going to put around at 30 on a trail it may work out just fine but the guy bought a 800 pro r most guys buying the 800 with premo shock set up did not buy it for sunday drives to church.
black hills 4k to 7k so most ridding is at lets say 5500 and the poo is what 150hp at sea so at 5500ft you are at about 125hp would you clutch your pro r 600 the same as your 800? will it work sure buy WHY

Last edited:

stormrider3

why would you spend 11g on a sled 400 in fuel 300 in lodging 1500 to 2000 in time off work and then not have your sled perform at its peek performance for a 40 buck set of weights CRAZY
Because the gear change provides better performance, in my experience

ezra

Because the gear change provides better performance, in my experience

yeah I get changing gears I have owned no sleds I did not play with gearing.
My ? is why would you go to a diff elevation and not clutch for the loss of power at said elevation.
ok I will get over it I know I got issues. I bring weights with on trips for snow conditions or have daltons and pull a gram if it gets realy deep or turns to mashed pototaos and I am not keeping RPM.
some is skill on the sled some is skill on tuning the sled some is just plane stupidity but takes all 3 to get that high mark

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Let's not read into this to deep. The guy has a 2011 Poo 800. I suspect he has 10-68 weights in it. Changing weights is easy on this sled. Get the chart, buy the weights for the elevation and change to them. Polaris clutching charts are very accurate. Weihts run about sixty dollars for stock weights. You can do this without pulling the clutch. Gearing change is not neccesary.

ezra

can the new poo clutches still use old style non set screw cat weights?
I know they were interchangeable as late as 10.
any one want to get in to weight grinding for heavy weight with light tips.

Last edited:

Hoosier

I know it's different altitude and different engines, but I was in the snowies last week. The first day, I rode with the stock clutching on my Fusion 600. Sled had little power so I changed out the weights the first night. Made a world of difference for about $75.