Cobra track question?

olsmann

Is anyone running the cobra 1 3/8 track? Im thinking of getting one instead of the 1.25 ripsaw. Anyone know how they perform? I would want to put some studs in it down the middle?

01mndoo

I put a cobra 136 x 1.3/8 on this year and the track rocks. Great on the trail and great off trail. I don't see the needs for the studs up the middle because the track grabs great in the corners. Take off and stopping is great with this track because of it's design. The only thing that I have noticed about the track is the amount of roost it throws. Hope this helps.

olsmann

I put a cobra 136 x 1.3/8 on this year and the track rocks. Great on the trail and great off trail. I don't see the needs for the studs up the middle because the track grabs great in the corners. Take off and stopping is great with this track because of it's design. The only thing that I have noticed about the track is the amount of roost it throws. Hope this helps.

thanks, I just wanted some studs for those icy wi corners

mjkaliszak

I just looked at these. Some people rave about them. I read that the Cobra's durometer is harder than the Ripsaw's, the lug height is kind of decieving the 1.352 height is only determined a the top of the molded boss which is a protruding tip. The entire lug is not that height. Since I just blew my single ply @ 5300 miles, I opted for a 2 ply 1.250 Ripsaw 2.86 pitch for my 09 doo. My needs are little different that most. The Cobra lugs also do not deflect as much due to the harder durometer. AT LEAST that is what I had dug up while doing my research. The lug form is a little different also.

versdevil

bought the cobra track last season, great track, made my sled a whole different ride. no studs tho, i like doin the donuts on the ice lol. gas mileage jumped up bout 4mpg alot less spinning off trail