Cold-Rodders

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for posting this. The guy and his family is portrayed perfectly. How many of us have gone in for parts or gear and have come home with a new machine. Happens all the time!

mezz

I was 10 years old in 1970 & all I could do was imagine & dream of one day being able to have a snowmobile. It eventually happened & I don't regret a single year of the 34 years I was able to ride. Oh how this has evolved since then, thank you for posting that throw back! Good memories.

nhra1000

Haha! Thats awesome! The only thing they missed is people working on them every 10 feet which we did back then!

Wow. That is awesome. I miss the days when you really had to ride a sled. No suspension. No groomers. Everything was "off trail" - you made your own.

pclark

If you hit a tree with todays sled going that fast it would be in 100's of pieces. Those sleds didn't even look like they were fazed.

BigSix

Wow! That brings back memories! I was 11 years old in 1970. Dad had a Johnson Skee-Horse with a sled. Our whole family (parents and four kids) would ride on the snowmobile and sled. Also good memories of the snow we had in this part of the state (Green Bay) in the 1970s. The mini Ice Age!

snomoman

Well I was asking for excitement in another thread, and lo and behold here it comes, this brings back some great memories, I had a 71 skidoo TNT 440 and a Alouette, state of the art back in the day…haha …but it was great, we were living the dream

latner

If you listen real close, you can hear a "YOU DA MAN!" when he jumps the car and the cheering starts! :ROFLMAO:

snomoman

I was astounded at how many snowmobiles were parked for that outdoor mass, sure would’ve loved to been the snowmobile dealer that sold all those sleds, there was some scripted parts where that snowmobile looks to be trying to run somebody over… ha ha