Coloma, Hancock, Plainfield Area?

starlaker

Cutterz F8 Crazy, we are in wood county near Kellner. (South east corner of wood.) We plan on heading that direction on Sunday and Monday. The clubs had a lot of clearing of bent over trees and broken branches to take care of after the heavy rain and snow. It sounds like most of them are cleaned up so the groomers can pass and they are currently grooming. You should be fine. They are asking for riders if you see buried or snow covered signs to please clean them off and to watch for low hanging or downed branches as many trees are still covered with heavy snow and still may come down. Have fun.

rehm70

Wondering if last weekends rain and then snow caused damage to trails and need to go to Portage county trails??

Damage?? Our trails are awesome!! We did get a bit of rain, but then a load of snow!

Clubs had them all groomed by Tuesday night. I would beware of Westfield, havent heard much good about them this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Westfield had some issues two weeks ago with their brand new leased tractor not starting. Looked like they were out grooming earlier this week. Here is a picture of a trail the Endeavor club does, taken yesterday afternoon. 20190228_153654.jpg

harski

Thanks for the reports, will be heading out of Hancock today and heading South.

Curious to know what you see today as I almost came up for a quick spin but opted to do a quick lunch run around the house just to scratch the itch. May come up one day next week instead so any additional input would be great!

Thanks!

Harski

Harski. Going South out of Hancock moguls where groomer CANNOT get thru the narrow path! Other than that, trails are allgroomed up. Went to Richford, Dakota, Wautoma, all good! Hope that helps

harski

Harski. Going South out of Hancock moguls where groomer CANNOT get thru the narrow path! Other than that, trails are allgroomed up. Went to Richford, Dakota, Wautoma, all good! Hope that helps

Awesome thanks! Coming up for a quick day ride tomorrow.

harski

Dropped in Westfield yesterday AM. Headed north on corridor 15 which was freshly groomed. Rode through Coloma, Wautoma, back through Coloma and back down to Westfield. All mostly groomed. Definitely more snow there than by me 45-50 minutes south. Very nice 85 mile ride!!! If you're in the area over the weekend there is a benefit (food, etc...) on Saturday at the Coloma Campground for a local individual in need. I'm sure they would appreciate the support. Nice clean place, nice owners and AWSC members.

Harski