Colorado springs

euphoric1

Anyone see the coverage of I believe it was Colorado Springs? the "MID JUNE BLIZZARD"??? all I have to say is...NO FRICKIN WAY!! mid June???? We may have a roller coaster of temps and hazy skies because of wild fires but.... Mid June blizzard???? they can have it!!!! Hopefully they will send John Kerry right away to access the situation to determine if its climate change related.

Reactions: C W

garageguy

It's probably been snowing up at higher elevations in june for a thousand years. But now there's a road and people have phones...and now it's something newand unexpected.

lofsfire

I was in Colorado Springs last June. Actually at the top of Pikes Peak 1 year ago to the day of the storm this year. I have a friend that lives in Colorado Springs and two weeks before we were there last year, Colorado Springs was hit with a snow storm. I think it was the last full week of May in 2022. So it happens... with a that said the amount in Colorado Springs vs Pikes Peak was different. Colorado Springs also melts off by mid morning.

My friend said he has friends that are skiing up by Independence Pass this year. It was in the 50's last year when I drove over it.

Here is Pikes Peak last year June 12th
AJFCJaXMG47BLpj-PEBcXg1L_YZWH8kiYxdVEW559BhVC7UAuuwr1vYmHZKKd69jE5PWP0q7CF8WV9KPN7T0QaGI-_hqc4F-3SMEM_kEWG4bUlgP4JDq0AoY7f2-xxCUjU8QJ3kPtQCvq3l6BgIm1IMRCj_7rA=w1920-h446-s-no

AJFCJaWpELJDSgjosM9HzbrAyIAlkn-m8u8xXuujQHLlUmH0KvkWomenXzBAfqufabGfmqhYJZhutpqzmNlq8DsVv9kUvUbQ6TMJmbMeRZfGeqnE20d8A3sIs2h-zbOLBB5PDytzV84kdlwuEoPb419Oj6G_fw=w1292-h969-s-no

My sister and boyfriend standing in the same spot Nov 2, 2021
AJFCJaXBbUR1Hf6O8n1OqiIKEF8vOrbcQJfk0K6AmHFpoOFxzcRhz-QvX_fwfaqs5jZGnyPSzmWL-djhwHM692u12zQJmfoknjzy5mn3XrqWEbIA6JQnOZ0S62tlTUUib5xDw0IuNLUAwbd0WtmX4ZaaT4Uxtw=w727-h969-s-no

Independence Pass
AJFCJaUkvMCgxHcAoZ0_tVGgCX3VwYyvbMxah10Pabov1zqk2wnfjP6x3eTtvIJIy5BjtIylqS26NC4RW6MJJuMgfKt40LOsqQDtnuViNZ-w8w1Wt7xYWGICzJAaqFSqPuiH6mHG6haCH3n8f_E0ng2dzoJmZw=w1292-h969-s-no

pclark

I was in Colorado Springs last June. Actually at the top of Pikes Peak 1 year ago to the day of the storm this year. I have a friend that lives in Colorado Springs and two weeks before we were there last year, Colorado Springs was hit with a snow storm. I think it was the last full week of May in 2022. So it happens... with a that said the amount in Colorado Springs vs Pikes Peak was different. Colorado Springs also melts off by mid morning.

My friend said he has friends that are skiing up by Independence Pass this year. It was in the 50's last year when I drove over it.

Here is Pikes Peak last year June 12th
AJFCJaXMG47BLpj-PEBcXg1L_YZWH8kiYxdVEW559BhVC7UAuuwr1vYmHZKKd69jE5PWP0q7CF8WV9KPN7T0QaGI-_hqc4F-3SMEM_kEWG4bUlgP4JDq0AoY7f2-xxCUjU8QJ3kPtQCvq3l6BgIm1IMRCj_7rA=w1920-h446-s-no

AJFCJaWpELJDSgjosM9HzbrAyIAlkn-m8u8xXuujQHLlUmH0KvkWomenXzBAfqufabGfmqhYJZhutpqzmNlq8DsVv9kUvUbQ6TMJmbMeRZfGeqnE20d8A3sIs2h-zbOLBB5PDytzV84kdlwuEoPb419Oj6G_fw=w1292-h969-s-no

My sister and boyfriend standing in the same spot Nov 2, 2021
AJFCJaXBbUR1Hf6O8n1OqiIKEF8vOrbcQJfk0K6AmHFpoOFxzcRhz-QvX_fwfaqs5jZGnyPSzmWL-djhwHM692u12zQJmfoknjzy5mn3XrqWEbIA6JQnOZ0S62tlTUUib5xDw0IuNLUAwbd0WtmX4ZaaT4Uxtw=w727-h969-s-no

Independence Pass
AJFCJaUkvMCgxHcAoZ0_tVGgCX3VwYyvbMxah10Pabov1zqk2wnfjP6x3eTtvIJIy5BjtIylqS26NC4RW6MJJuMgfKt40LOsqQDtnuViNZ-w8w1Wt7xYWGICzJAaqFSqPuiH6mHG6haCH3n8f_E0ng2dzoJmZw=w1292-h969-s-no
Nice pics Lofsfire, been there Beautiful Country.

elf

I was there July 19, 2022 on my trike. Couldn't believe there are few guard rails-----kind of scary.
Many years ago my wife and I made a huge circle of CO on our bike. I think we hit about every major pass. We even rented a jeep in Silverton and went up thru some of the real high passes, 13000+'. First I can't believe they let any idiot who shows up just take a jeep and do that and second, if you think no guard rails on some of the paved roads are scary wait til you're on some of the jeep trails! It was a fantastic trip!

IOWASLEDDER

Many years ago my wife and I made a huge circle of CO on our bike. I think we hit about every major pass. We even rented a jeep in Silverton and went up thru some of the real high passes, 13000+'. First I can't believe they let any idiot who shows up just take a jeep and do that and second, if you think no guard rails on some of the paved roads are scary wait til you're on some of the jeep trails! It was a fantastic trip!
I second this! We were out in the Lake City/Silverton area last July riding the Alpine Loop on our Polaris RZR's. The scenery was absolutely stunning! It gets even better when you go off on the spur trails off of the Alpine Loop. I puckered a few times. Especially with traffic coming at you. That whole loop is only wide enough for one machine. It was so fun!

Sweep800

We did the drive to the top as well, beautiful for sure! Did a big loop, from CS went through Leadville (highest altitude zip code in US) for lunch then to Glenwood Springs, did some tubing the hiked up to Hanging Lake(highly recommend) the Vail Village for some mountain biking up to Boulder .
Great trip with my fam!

matti

I always enjoy reading about summer snow. I often visit webcams and the like of ski resorts out west to see how much snow hangs around during the summer. Mammoth Mountain in California will have skiing through July; there is currently a 70-inch base. Also, Timberline Lodge in Oregon will likely have skiing through late August (as is often the case).