Coming from IA City, best places to ride?

Skidoome2

Coming up North next week Friday - Monday.. Anyone have recommendations on best trails? Will drive up to 8 hours which puts us in the UP. I know not much new snow the past several weeks so looking for least amount of snirt as possible...

Thanks!

IOWASLEDDER

Coming up North next week Friday - Monday.. Anyone have recommendations on best trails? Will drive up to 8 hours which puts us in the UP. I know not much new snow the past several weeks so looking for least amount of snirt as possible...

Thanks!
North Liberty? I'm in Solon! I just got back this past Tuesday. If you are looking for white trails, head to Michigan. Don't have to go too far north out of Presque Isle to find those. We based out of Presque Isle, trails are good to very good. Not white but certainly rideable! Trail corners were very icy so be on your toes. Other than that, go and have a good time! I gotta give a big thank you to the groomers in Vilas county. What a great job you all are doing with the snow you have! We had a great time and would certainly go back to Vilas next week if it stayed cold and no snow fell!

goofy600

I would definitely head to the U.P. the trails are ten times better then Northern Wisconsin.

All depends what you like to ride UP definitely has more snow but Wi has a lot to offer also if it is a one time trip for the year I would pick one or the other so you don't have to buy both trail stickers so make sure you can find lodging and go from there if you like deeper snow head to the kew if you like twistys northern wi.

chicagosledder

All depends what you like to ride UP definitely has more snow but Wi has a lot to offer also if it is a one time trip for the year I would pick one or the other so you don't have to buy both trail stickers so make sure you can find lodging and go from there if you like deeper snow head to the kew if you like twistys northern wi.

This late in the season that is great advice. One trip one sticker in my opinion as well.

D

Deleted member 10829

Base out of Bergland on Lake Gogebic. You have many options and it's not far over the border.

goofy600

Thanks everyone for the heads up and recommendations. Booked at Fishtales on Lake Gogebic. Last room on the lake so got lucky!

Good choice there are a lot of options from there, road that area 2 and 3 weeks ago and trails all good, farther north the more snow but should have good conditions all around!

D

Deleted member 10829

Thanks everyone for the heads up and recommendations. Booked at Fishtales on Lake Gogebic. Last room on the lake so got lucky!

Have you been to the area before? If not, we can give you some must hit trails in the area. Also, be sure to eat at JW's BBQ and Beer in Bergland, it's new this year. Awesome food!!

I second JW's BBQ right off the trail. We had a 3 families there a few weeks ago and they had great food and service. It takes a close second to the BBB Beefs but great to have options.

Attak man

You don't need to go all the way to the U.P.....the trails from Tomahawk and to the north are in nice shape (once you get out of the towns and and into the woods)....how far you want to drive is up to you...but the riding is pretty good around here right now.