Computer Programmer Needed!

polarisrider1

I have a top notch software guy who can do this for you. His Business is called Influx Networking. Chris Allen 616-443-9448 or Chris@net influx.com

racerxnet

Did you even try to load the program on 7 or 8.1 and run in compatibility mode? Maybe you are spinning your wheels for no reason. Just a thought, as you have nothing to lose except a few minutes time.

MAK

garyl62

.... I plan to put a note in the journal as well as it gets about 10x the exposure that the board gets....

-John

Not to turn a different direction on the thread, but wow, I didn't realize the journal had that many more hits. Figured the more casual follower went to the board, and the more hard core JD'ers followed the journal. Ought to look into finding a "Journal Sponsor" now :)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Did you even try to load the program on 7 or 8.1 and run in compatibility mode? Maybe you are spinning your wheels for no reason. Just a thought, as you have nothing to lose except a few minutes time.

MAK

Yes, it will run in XP virtual mode, but just too many headaches jumping back and forth from virtual mode to standard mode. Plus, I am not looking for a quick fix, I have that with virtual mode. I am looking for a more permanent fix.

-John

racerxnet

Yes, it will run in XP virtual mode, but just too many headaches jumping back and forth from virtual mode to standard mode. Plus, I am not looking for a quick fix, I have that with virtual mode. I am looking for a more permanent fix.

-John

Hi John

Can you get the code from the original programmer? If so it can be recompiled with the latest .net compiler or any other 32/64 bit compiler. Otherwise it has to be written once again from the very start. Ive written software in Perl, VB, .net, java, c and c++. I hope all goes well for you.

MAK

snowshoe

As slick as google maps are, I need to be able to use my own maps, as I have some special features on some that are proprietary to my products that I send to customers.

-John

QGIS is a free and open source mapping program that will let you create custom map products like you want. There is a bit of a learning curve but you're a computer guy so I think you'll get it. There are also tons of tutorials online and forums to find answers. http://www.qgis.org/en/site/

That's one option but there are plenty of other options.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that since you have web space you could even publish these interactive maps online if you like.

Here's what I did at work. http://gis.co.wood.wi.us/FlexGIS/index.html