Confused Sensor

samc

I’m getting 3 different stories from 3 different dealerships. Before I order any parts or make the decision to take the machine in because of the computer, I thought I’d see if anyone on JD knows the answer.
Does an 09 RMK 600 have an O2 sensor? Believe it or not, I’ve gotten yes, no and I think so – all from dealerships.
I thought the machine only had a temp sensor not and O2 sensor. The light on the dash of the machine is flashing 5 times, stops - then again 5 times, stop, over and over again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:

Dave_B

Found this on another site. Hope it helps.

Sensor LED Blinking Explanation

1 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) 1 time Sensor signal is below 0.7 volts or above 4.39 volts.

2 Water Temperature Sensor 2 times Sensor signal is below 0.1 volts or above 4.8 volts.

3 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 3 times Sensor signal is below 0.19 volts or above 4.9 volts.

4 Barometric Pressure Sensor 4 times Sensor circuit voltage is below 1.25 volts or above 3.23 volts.

5 Exhaust Temperature Sensor 5 times This blink code is set if the engine has been running above 3000 RPM for more than 2 minutes and the sensor voltage is below 0.06 volts or above 4.9 volts.

6 Detonation Sensor 6 times This blink code is set if the engine speed is above 6000 RPM and the DET signal is below 1.23 volts or above 4.3 volts for more than 2 seconds.

7 times is not used --

8. EV Solenoid (O.L.) 8 times An “open circuit” condition is detected in the exhaust valve solenoid control.

These codes will all reset when the cause of the problem is corrected.

winter_time

it does not technically have an oxygen sensor it has what is called an exhaust temp sensor they are around $95. I had to replace one on my 2005 900 when I was out west last year. I ended up putting one on off of a 2011 600 because the sensor are essentially the same

Last edited:

stormrider3

I’m getting 3 different stories from 3 different dealerships. Before I order any parts or make the decision to take the machine in because of the computer, I thought I’d see if anyone on JD knows the answer.
Does an 09 RMK 600 have an O2 sensor? Believe it or not, I’ve gotten yes, no and I think so – all from dealerships.
I thought the machine only had a temp sensor not and O2 sensor. The light on the dash of the machine is flashing 5 times, stops - then again 5 times, stop, over and over again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

The sled does not have a O2 sensor. What it does have is a temp sensor in the pipe.
Remove the pipe sensor clean carefully with scotch pad, and replace
This will sometimes fix that problem

samc

Dave B - That is very helpful. Thank you

Stormride 3 - That's what I was thinking (temp sensor in the pipe). I'm going to replace it and reset the code.
Thank you