Conn'd by the Fox again

euphoric1

not quite sure where the &#39 came from but was supposed to read Conn'd by the Fox again... here is se wisco

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
from what I can make of it, anything with an apostrophe triggers that &#39

There are some others but I haven't identified them yet. Still, on my end I can post pictures with no issues. Other members that is not the case.

goofy600

not quite sure where the ' came from but was supposed to read Conn'd by the Fox again... here is se wisco

And our government two thought this was a good idea in the first place. They have done this before and will keep doing it as long as our government lets them.

frnash

Here's an apostrophe = a problem in title!

Here's an apostrophe — but no problem here. This just gets crazier and crazier, never mind some folks do not have any problem in their posts!

frnash

Here's an apostrophe = a problem in the title.

Here's an apostrophe but no problem here. This just gets crazier and crazier -- never mind some folks do not have the problem in their posts!

slimcake

How much of the change do you guys think happened because of the WI gov going dem and now sleepy joe raising taxes on everything?  Quite different biz climate now then when orig deal was signed....  Just wondering?

old abe

How much of the change do you guys think happened because of the WI gov going dem and now sleepy joe raising taxes on everything?* Quite different biz climate now then when orig deal was signed....* Just wondering?

Wishful thinking, or excuse? This thing was going bad fast long before all that. Just take a look at Faux Con's past history, and their other deals? "Red flags", as I said, we've seen this show before, eh! Enough said, perhaps work with US Co's?

goofy600

How much of the change do you guys think happened because of the WI gov going dem and now sleepy joe raising taxes on everything?* Quite different biz climate now then when orig deal was signed....* Just wondering?

I will have to agree with old Abe also can’t blame current government party on this one they started making changes before the ink was dry. Just hope new administration can salvage something out of it and not cave.

BigSix

Correct me if Im wrong, but this deal is similar to a performance based contract for a sports player. If FoxConn didnt hire a specific number of employees, they didnt get the tax break. Now I know the local municipalities did fork out money for infrastructure improvements for FoxConn to build there. That money is gone if they don't build. Was there money wasted, sure. But compared to the money wasted by the state every day, it is chump change.

sweeperguy

Correct me if Im wrong, but this deal is similar to a performance based contract for a sports player. If FoxConn didnt hire a specific number of employees, they didnt get the tax break. Now I know the local municipalities did fork out money for infrastructure improvements for FoxConn to build there. That money is gone if they don't build. Was there money wasted, sure. But compared to the money wasted by the state every day, it is chump change.

Is it truely wasted? Or is the infrastructure in place for the eventuality of some other development of the area. In a lot if areas, eventual development is just a matter of time. Now I don't know the exact location or extent of the infrastructure done to accommodate F-Conn. But it may not be money completely flushed down the toilet, may just be done well in advance of eventual expansion or development of area. In that scenario it could be a huge savings in cost to city, county, or state.

old abe

Is it truely wasted? Or is the infrastructure in place for the eventuality of some other development of the area. In a lot if areas, eventual development is just a matter of time. Now I don't know the exact location or extent of the infrastructure done to accommodate F-Conn. But it may not be money completely flushed down the toilet, may just be done well in advance of eventual expansion or development of area. In that scenario it could be a huge savings in cost to city, county, or state.

Hmmmmmmm? Sounds as wishful thinking, good luck with that working out.

renegade

No way we will ever know the truth on this. Maybe if Evers said instantly after election he is not changing a thing on the deal. But he couldn't gamble on that! Dems would completely lose their argument that higher corporate taxes are good and tax breaks bad. On top of that he will never admit to changing it enough to scare fox con away and the media won't report anything negative about him, so no one will ever know the truth, just speculation will remain. For me, I would much rather my tax dollars going towards this kind of development versus any sports teams stadiums.

old abe

No way we will ever know the truth on this. Maybe if Evers said instantly after election he is not changing a thing on the deal. But he couldn't gamble on that! Dems would completely lose their argument that higher corporate taxes are good and tax breaks bad. On top of that he will never admit to changing it enough to scare fox con away and the media won't report anything negative about him, so no one will ever know the truth, just speculation will remain. For me, I would much rather my tax dollars going towards this kind of development versus any sports teams stadiums.

???? This thing started to have difficulties almost before the ink was dry. Just look at this outfits past history of failed deals, eh!

BigSix

???? This thing started to have difficulties almost before the ink was dry. Just look at this outfits past history of failed deals, eh!

I believe FoxConn bilked the state of Pennsylvania out of some funding to locate there. Hence the companies name: FoxCONN!

renegade

I do believe pennsylvania elected a democratic governor and they forced fox conns hand by changing the deal also. I'm not a high tax thinking kind of person, so I would like to have seen what would have happened if promises were kept, thats all.

old abe

I do believe pennsylvania elected a democratic governor and they forced fox conns hand by changing the deal also. I'm not a high tax thinking kind of person, so I would like to have seen what would have happened if promises were kept, thats all.

Perhaps as wishful thinking politically, eh? It's just not very wise whatsoever, to subsidize, give away,s to a foreign owned, and very questionable, company! Good luck with that ever working out! Faux CON is well known for what it is.