Cooke City Montana Dec. 2006

glenn

oops double pic sorry, these pics were taken South of Jackson Hole at Granite Hot Springs, the one pic shows the pool you can swim in & the trail to there is about 10 miles water is 112 degrees in the winter and 93 in the summer!

julie

Glen, those are great pictures! We are actually talking about making a trip to Togwotee! Not sure if we will make it there yet this season, but next season I bet we make our family trip out there.

Booondocker - yes, we had to buy trail stickers. They say you have to buy both Montana and Wyoming. But we only bought Montana. Since we were only on the highway we figured the Wyoming stickers were not necessary. I am not sure if that is the legal way to do it, but we did it that way cuz the Wyoming stickers were way expensive.

I definately noticed my asthma a lot more there than at home. I had a hard time taking deep breaths when I was "working" harder than normal. I was surprised that it was so difficult to take a deep breath. I got winded walking from the restaurant back to the Super 8. I hurt like all get out. But once I stopped moving I was able to recover my normmal breathing after a few minutes.

My intention is to build the muscle and 'buff' up for the next time! Cardio is going to be a huge HUGE part of my plan.

Suzy - I can climb some of the hills in Michigan, that's why I THOUGHT I could climb the ones in Cooke - I guess I thought wrong. It's so overwhelming! Hopefully I get another chance!

Mitch you have us all laughing! Jim knew when we got to the bottom of that slope that he made a really bad call. DeAnn and I keep telling people that he and Doug tried to kill us the first ride out!!

I WANT SNOW - NOW!

REV IT UP!

Jul

R

redneck

Julie,
How did the stabilizer and anti-sway work out on BIG-RED during the trip?Any side winds?
You did a great job---thanks for sharing.

julie

Hey Terry! They were GREAT GREAT GREAT! All the way there we bucked head winds about 45 MPH and the trailer stayed right where it belonged! Of course, I made SURE to remind everyone that I pushed the issue to have all that done!

Thanks again for selling the level system to us.

The entire system worked like a charm, will never travel without it again.

Oh yeah, and the ride was sooooooooo smooth!

REV IT UP!

Jul

D

debra

Julie - I finally got around to looking at/reading the journal from your recent adventure. WOW! What a fun journal and the pictures make me feel like I was there with you guys! Thanks so much for sharing - I hope to get out there some day! Glad you had a safe trip!

~Deb