Coon hunters

GBURRELL

Was wondering how many coonhunters there may be in the up just purchased some land neer watersmeet wondering if any hunters around

tedsnotdead

hopefully they all have permission or you may have an episode like I did back in october with seven guys and seven dogs trespassing, ask them how good they felt when the county cop was waiting in my driveway to greet them idiots

GBURRELL

that is very unfortunate that people would do that it gives other honest hunters a bad reputation i have never turned my dogs loose somehwere i do not have permission there has been times they may follow game onto a property i dont have permission to be one and i always try to talk to the owner if possible and if not i just quietly go get the dogs and get right off in michigan we have a right to retrieve law if dogs trail onto posted property i really am just looking to see if there are any hunters in the area

snocrazy

Bird feeder racoon hunter here too. The .410 shotgun works wonders. Have to shoot them to many times with the 22. They are tough little buggers.

fatdaddy

Ok, now you touched a nerve with me, lol. I live close to St. Paul, MN and my house butts up to 50 acres of wetland. Several years ago I put in a very nice flower garden with a big expensive bird feeder, things were going great until one night i looked outside and noticed 3 coons tearing my feeder apart. I opened the door and they ran away. A few weeks later I noticed my grass was torn to crap, I thought what the heck is doing this. The next day more damage and this went on for a week. I put out some rat killer in some cat food and everyday the food was gone and nothing dead in my yard, (we have no pets on my block) I went to fleet farm and got a trail cam, ah ha, coons lots of them. So back to FF for a coon trap, that summer i trapped 20 coons, tried to drown them (not a good plan, they are very though and bent the door open) so i start shooting them in the head. Some of them fell right away and a few took several shots. They are very smart and quick breeders so keep an eye on them. I ment to say all coons were shot with my camera and were released to the wild.

Last edited: