Cooper vs Goodyear tires

special_k

Getting a set of all terrain tires for my Avalanche before the winter. I've been a fan of Goodyear in the past, but wondering how Cooper stacks up to them. Any experience to share would be appreciated. Specifically I'm looking at the Cooper Zeon LTZ vs the Goodyear Silent Armor.....

rakins800

Cooper tires are made by Goodyear. at the Canada and Mexico non-union plants. I'm not sure if any Coopers are made in the U.S.A. any more. My mom and dad both worked at the North Chicago hose plant for 28 yrs.
try a google search to find out for sure.

trebsdub

Only run Coopers on my trucks mainly ATR series but just bought my first set of Zeon LTZ type this spring. Only have about 5,000 miles on them but i like them also so far, nice riding and no road noise thats why i swiched to them in 2004, will see how they are this winter.

snobinge

My buddy has the Zeon LTZ and is very satisfied. I was going to get them myself until I found out they did not make them in 17".

m8man

I've run coopers for the last 6-7 yrs on my 4wd and love them.. The ATR's are good but the M+S's are the best.. I've never had a tire grip that good on the snow B4..I used to deliver mail on a rural route and we could buy special tires, for traction, that the gen'l public couldn't and the M+S stacks up to the best.. I don't think you could go wrong with either brand but I prefer the coopers.

m8man

elf

I've been running the Goodyear Silent Armor Wranglers on my truck the last 2 years and have been pleased with them. Tread wera is good, they have great traction.