Crickets…

hemi_newman

So the UP got snow and no one is reporting? I was in Ironwood today doing a job and I would say 5” fell. Hurley/Gile had nothing. It was strange as Gile and Hurley usually get hit.

chords

I know most don't care about snowfall in other areas of MI cause if it didn't happen in the UP it didn't happen. But some localized areas in N Lower reported 8 + inches with NWS Gaylord recording 11.7 inches. So there. 10pm_TuesNight.jpg

kwikgren

It's a short hike from trail 8 on the West side of US-41, just before the trail turns East to go under the highway. Its also a hiking trail from the roadside park which is right there. There are signs, I don't think sleds are allowed or would want to ride on the hiking trail, but I think the roadside park is closed in winter, so maybe it would be possible to ride if there was a ton of snow to cover the boulders and boardwarks. If riding is not allowed or possible there should be plenty of room to park in the unplowed parking lot which is right there at the trail head. People do hike in there all year, they just park before the barricades and hike or snowshoe from the highway so the trail should be panked down. It's also part of the North Country Trail so I'm pretty sure the hiking trail itself is off limits to motorized vehicles.

Last edited: