Current Toqwotee snow conditions?

chicagosledder

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. We are headed out a week from today and I can tell you I am nervous partly in fact because it is our first time out there.

doo_dr

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. We are headed out a week from today and I can tell you I am nervous partly in fact because it is our first time out there.

I really hope you enjoy yourself and being nervous is a good thing. Focus that energy into: Listening to your guide, Paying attention to your conditions. Paying attention to others that you are riding with. Keep those three things in mind and you will have the time of your life. Be honest with your guide on your ability and they will not take you out of your comfort zone. I take that back, They will not take you out of your comfort zone until you have shown them that you are ready. Think of it as "They will make you take Baby steps"!!

chicagosledder

Thanks for the input DOO DR. Believe me I won't stray out of where they feel we should be or where I think I should be. All of my friends who ride and do not ride always ask me if we are going to have a guide, and my response to that is of course we will I would never dream of going out without one. In my opinion the difference could be life and death out there.

doo_dr

I've only missed a couple of years since 92' and have had a guide everytime. I know the terrain very well but I don't trust my judgement on the conditions. Only the guys, and gals, that have seen the snow fall/blow/melt through out the season can really understand what can happen under the fresh fluffy stuff. I talked with a guy who was just at Togwotee and he told me they had a couple sleds stuck on a small hill side. Another guy side hilled below the stuck sleds to get up to help dig out and when he stopped the snow cracked down his trench like a fault line in an earth quake. The snow didn't slide but the crack was wide enough that he could have put his boot down inside probably 2'. They dug out the sleds and nothing else moved- Thank God!!!! Have fun!!!!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got back from a quick little ride, the snow is goooood. Never got more than a 1/2 mile from the lodge, we come out here to ride on hills with no trees, where do we go first? The trees. LOL.

By the way, the new RMK RAAAAAWKS! :)

polarisrider1

Just got back from a quick little ride, the snow is goooood. Never got more than a 1/2 mile from the lodge, we come out here to ride on hills with no trees, where do we go first? The trees. LOL.

Glad to hear you made it out. We are nearing Sturgis SD. Weather wise looking at some Blue bird sky days coming up. PS the RMKPro is an awsome sled.mess around with the bar location a bit. I tilted mine just a hair back of straight up and was an entire different ride. There is a gauge on left side of bars for adjustments.

polarisrider1

Glad to hear you made it out. We are nearing Sturgis SD. Weather wise looking at some Blue bird sky days coming up. PS the RMKPro is an awsome sled.mess around with the bar location a bit. I tilted mine just a hair back of straight up and was an entire different ride. There is a gauge on left side of bars for adjustments.