Danger

POLARISDAN

Trail 12 from Mass to rosseau has very big HOLES

Right by the Little River

Be very careful..we just had a guy get thrown

3 foot deep in middle of trail

Where was this hole? I only saw 2 holes that were on the taril besides all the holes on the water ways in the farm fields from rousseau too the spaghetti bowl intersections by mass city. 1 was in the narrow trail where theres fence row on both sides of trail, and another small one on what im guessing is an old rail bed before you get to masscity? These musy have opened up or a new one? Im not sure where the little river is?

1fujifilm

Trail 12 from Mass to rosseau has very big HOLES

Right by the Little River

Be very careful..we just had a guy get thrown

3 foot deep in middle of trail

Dan,
Had a close call today headed to High Rock Bay at the tip of the Key.
Trails were fast and smooth, came over a hill and what do I see; ABOUT 20 MORONS PARKED ALL OVER THE TRAIL pondering how they will cross an open ravine that had water in it.
I was ok but guys and gals; DON'T PARK ON THE FREEKING TRAIL!!

Bear

kwikgren

Dan,
Had a close call today headed to High Rock Bay at the tip of the Key.
Trails were fast and smooth, came over a hill and what do I see; ABOUT 20 MORONS PARKED ALL OVER THE TRAIL pondering how they will cross an open ravine that had water in it.
I was ok but guys and gals; DON'T PARK ON THE FREEKING TRAIL!!

Bear

You're trolling here, right?

So, according to you, these 20 riders are all "morons" because they stopped to exercise caution before crossing an area of open water and, at the same time, you consider yourself to be a genius because you came flying blindly over a hill not knowing what to expect (like maybe a washout or fallen tree or animal or person in the trail for whatever reason) going fast enough so as to experience what you have stated was a "close call"?

Maybe don't ride so fast, if you are in that big of a hurry turn around at the bridge, we live on a Peninsula up here and your just going to turn around and go back anyway. Unfortunately, every year now riders are getting killed here in little Keweenaw County mainly due to excessive speed. Sadly, another one just this weekend.

Sound like preaching? Right back at you it sure does doesn't it?

1fujifilm

Say what you like and I will respect your opinion.

Sledders should pull off the trail when stopped, it common courtesy. These IDIOTS were 3-4 sleds parked wide on the trail and shut down chatting, there was no way for traffic to go anywhere in either direction.

Bear

kwikgren

Yes, stopping in the middle of the trail is not always in the best interest of others yet it happens up here all the time even on the roads.

Just curious, did you plan to hit the washout at full speed, or you pretty much had to stop anyway and they just created a cluster which made it a hassle to pass?

Last edited by a moderator:

durphee

I always remind the guys in my group to park off or on the very far right side of the trail, you never who is coming down that trail. It’s basic common sense and courtesy. If you’re parked on the side checking out a water hazard and some guy comes tearing down at a uncontrollable speed than it’s his problem when he hits the hazard.....don’t create 2 hazards !

POLARISDAN

IMG_20200105_123652.jpg

I flagged the holes . Superior said they would fill in yesterday..

Half mile outa mass to roseauu

No idea if they did

dothedoo

So, according to you, these 20 riders are all "morons" because they stopped to exercise caution before crossing an area of open water and, at the same time, you consider yourself to be a genius because you came flying blindly over a hill not knowing what to expect (like maybe a washout or fallen tree or animal or person in the trail for whatever reason) going fast enough so as to experience what you have stated was a "close call"?

Maybe don't ride so fast, if you are in that big of a hurry turn around at the bridge, we live on a Peninsula up here and your just going to turn around and go back anyway. Unfortunately, every year now riders are getting killed here in little Keweenaw County mainly due to excessive speed. Sadly, another one just this weekend.

You're very wrong. No excuse for stopping in the middle of the trail. If Fuji is riding fast and can't stop for a hazard that's on him. If Fuji is riding fast and hits someone parked in the middle of the trail....whatever happens to Fuji, and whatever happens to them, is 100% on them.

There is nothing wrong with "flying blindly over a hill." There is everything wrong with stopping in the middle of the trail, when you know someone is likely going to be flying blindly over the hill.

slimcake

I was with Fuji and I'll back up his story there's no reason those guys should have been stopped in the middle of the trail like that if anything one of the guys should have went up the hill to flag incoming riders about the mud hill and all the stupid idiots that were parked in the middle of the trail. Not cool. Fuji is in the right. That group was a bunch of amateurs!!

+ 1000

slimcake

What are you talking about? It was an open trail. No signs. No flags. So next time you come over a hill I will have 20 dumbasses parked 4 wide across the trail. It will be your fault! Reminder we didn't run into anyone. We had control of our machines. Those asshats were lucky it was us that came over the hill!

Sandylake

Say what you like and I will respect your opinion.

Sledders should pull off the trail when stopped, it common courtesy. These IDIOTS were 3-4 sleds parked wide on the trail and shut down chatting, there was no way for traffic to go anywhere in either direction.

Bear

People in Walmart block the isles all the time when I'm in there!!! I purposely hit their cart with mine and when they look shocked I tip my hat and say, "sorry, I didn't realize I was shopping too"

xcr440

I should have taken a pic, but that water hole is small cheese compared to the one I crossed three times on the Taconite south of Ely, MN last week 4-8 feet wide across the whole trail, about a foot of water running through it, and a wall of ice on each side that an inexperienced rider would have major difficulty crossing - hence the stuck sleds. Each time, there was a sled stuck in the hole that could not get through on their own. Stopped and helped pull the stuck sled out, each of the three times we came across it.

As for stopping on the trail, that is creating a hazard on the trail. Be smart, pull to the side, walk up the trail when you hear another sled coming to help get them slowed down, even if there is room to pass.

old abe

People in Walmart block the isles all the time when I'm in there!!! I purposely hit their cart with mine and when they look shocked I tip my hat and say, "sorry, I didn't realize I was shopping too"

Spot on!

- - - Updated - - -

I was with Fuji and I'll back up his story there's no reason those guys should have been stopped in the middle of the trail like that if anything one of the guys should have went up the hill to flag incoming riders about the mud hill and all the stupid idiots that were parked in the middle of the trail. Not cool. Fuji is in the right. That group was a bunch of amateurs!!

Absolutely agree!!

Sandylake

Spot on!

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely agree!!

I just got back from Wally World and I hit an old lady so hard I had to help help find her teeth!

In compensation I bought her some PolyGrip and some blue hair dry. We hugged and stuff later.