Dayco Belts

Snirtdawg

I need to pick up a backup belt for my 2010 Rush. Would the Dayco be an acceptable belt when compared to OEM, etc. Price is sure right as it is $45 at Farm & Fleet.

skiroule

Used to be that a belt was a belt but no longer. There are multiple belt variants for most machines so it's hard to say how the $45 version compares to your OEM.

Dayco has been making belts for decades and the $45 version you're looking at is probably fine as a backup but keep in mind that sometimes the backup has to last an entire trip. If your machine doesn't appear to be abnormally hard on belts, it should suffice. Also remember that the OEM belts are often manufactured by a sub-contractor, such as Dayco.

mjkaliszak

I have tried that off - OEM brand ( cheaper ) belt stuff many years ago. I never had any luck with them . If you would rather not have to pic schrapnel out of your belly pan then stick with oem. Unless you are extremely persistent and remember to use it only in a pinch. Like said above sometimes a belt has to last you a entire trip. There is a reason the cheaper belts are cheaper, it's because of the materials & design.

Belt prices are just one of those things that you will have to scream out " serenity NOW " like on Seinfeld .... then pull out your wallet and just pony up for the GOOD one !
JIMO

snowbuff

I used the Dayco Ultimax years ogo on my '96 piped Ultra and it actually worked better than the OEM belt! But, that was then. Now days the OEM belts out perform most aftermarket belts. Consistancy in rpm's is where the OEM belts shine.

alwaysright

I'm not sure about dayco ($45) but I rode with a carlisle belt from dennis kirk last year.

they have a $48 version called the max drive, a ultimax 3 belt that is is around $75 but currently on close out for $56.24 (ultimax 3 changed to ultimax pro 47.99-82.99), and the ultimax xs belt that is around 112.

to me these compared with the polaris belts that were 65,110,and 169 respectively.

I rode with the ultimax 3 on my doo 800 last year, about 1100 trouble free miles, and kept by bombadier belt as a backup.

The carlisle belts have a 1 yr warrenty and if you shred one, they will send you a new one, have a buddy who's had to warrenty one and seemed to work fine. His only blew after 800 miles or so.

https://www.denniskirk.com/search/snowmobile/carlisle.q

Last edited:

jeff

Ive had poo belts go 200 miles and blow and had one wear funny on a brand new machine with only 150 miles on it and poo wouldnt have nothing to do with it

I used the Ultimax belt on my old Fusion 900 (which was known to destroy belts after several hundred miles) and had good luck. Lasted just as long as my OEM but way cheaper.

polarisrider1

I have never had good luck with any belts other than OEM belts. Some aftermarket belts are generic in sizing. Look at Poo part numbers for sleds and many are different yet after market will cover multiple sleds. Tried them and it alters gearing ratio and clutch engagement if a bit longer or shorter. With Poo a 080 belt will run the same price as an aftermarket anyways. always install a belt with the writing on it facing out. a Belt will have memory in it and shred fast if reused backwards. no fooling.