December 1, 1985

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was there and it was Fantastic! Speaking of the Snow Bowl at Lambeau Field on the first day of December 1985. 12" before the game and another 4 or 5 during. With so many no-shows we could sit anywhere we wanted, I recall we sat in a snowbank about halfway up the bowl. Only game in memory that I didn't stay until the end. As the photo indicates, it was just too darn hard to see anything through the snow. The Packers won the game but the Bears won the Superbowl that year.

Snow Bowl.jpg

Just goes to show that with the right conditions, Mother Nature can put on quite a show of her own even this early in the season.

cobalt_502

I had just returned to Green Bay from the USAF, I was living in Las Vegas, to this storm! My buddies and I rented a home downtown and one of them had an old Rupp Yankee 25, we hopped on it and drove to the gas station to get beer for the game. That snow stayed all winter it seemed, trail riding in Wisconsin was pretty good that year.

You must have the year wrong. Bears famously lost only one game in the 85 season...to the Miami dolphins, the only team that has had an undefeated season.

Thank you ESPN 30for30

srt20

You must have the year wrong. Bears famously lost only one game in the 85 season...to the Miami dolphins, the only team that has had an undefeated season.

Thank you ESPN 30for30
Yeah that's Tampa Bay in the pic. Pretty much the only team worse than the Pack in the 80's.