different seat for xfire

smitty440

Just wondering if anybody out there has put a different seat on their xfire. I was thinking about getting a boss or an skinz airframe. Any pros or cons? It seems to me the stock seat is too low and I am trying to get an idea if the extra 2-3" from the new seat will help out.

purproadking

i have not on my crossfire, but if you go to hardcoresledder and do a search, alot of people have added the new model seat and really like it(2010 style). i plan on doing this to mine this summer or maybe the skinz one. i really like the look of that one.

stubborn finn

I have an 09 M8. The first mod I did was to get the 2010 seat. It sits you a lot higher is very comfortable and has massive storage. Well worth the money.

russr

i also have a 2006 crossfire and i added the 2010 mod seat from cat
its the best 250. you can spend

trebsdub

I have the Boss seat on my 2009 Crossfire LE and when i get a new sled thats the first thing i would put back on. The Cat mod seat i believe is about $150.00 cheaper for the same height.

ezra

my bud with a xfire put the boss on his 06xfire last yr is nice not as far to go from sit to stand.I like riding it for boondocking but long rides back to the cabin I still like the plush wide low seat .if you are a dirt bike guy you will love the boss.I am also kind of old school in that I ride on 1 knee allot and the lower set works better for that.country cat sells the new cat seat 4 like 240.and some guy in utah on snow west has new cat seats 4 like 200 but with shipping prob about the same

trebsdub

If I go with the boss seat did any of you have to do some trimming to it to make it fit better?

I did not have to do any trimming on my 2009 Crossfire SP, the Boss seat had 2 snaps to drill and install in the front and the rest is two rolls of velcro on both sides of the seat. Seat is easy to remove and reinstall after that and i have not had any problems with it moving around or breaking loose from the velcro.