Distance from Land O Lakes to Munising

old abe

I perhaps would go from Watersmeet up to Sidnaw, then on to Munising. Unless you trying to, avoid the rough country hills on trail 8? Your route will be somewhat more miles, and much more time consuming. However your route is much more scenic!

went there a couple of weeks ago..Crystal Falls is messed up, we were told both parts of 16 were closed. Then if you try to go through Amasa trail 15 has been closed from just west of Iron River to Amasa intersection.

I'd go 8 east from sidnaw towards Nestoria and Marquette and continue east on 8 to Munising. The mountains can be hit or miss on grooming from the Baraga club, but Moose Country does a real good job for the east part of that trail.

Good Luck

goofy600

Not denying Baraga has there problems but 2 Sunday’s ago we rode Watersmeet to Baraga and their trail were great and the Wednesday and Thursday right before we went we had friends go Watersmeet to Marquette and again said Baraga area was really good including the rock area. So maybe something has changed a little, time will tell.

dfattack

Not denying Baraga has there problems but 2 Sunday’s ago we rode Watersmeet to Baraga and their trail were great and the Wednesday and Thursday right before we went we had friends go Watersmeet to Marquette and again said Baraga area was really good including the rock area. So maybe something has changed a little, time will tell.
It’s always hit or miss. Never know what you will get

just_ride

Yes trail #16 is still closed at Sunshine Road... trail #16 does not connect to trail #5 east of M95
according to the 2023 map and the Chippewa Sno-Kats trail club
Hope that helps!

tnehlsen

We rode from Land o Lakes to Gwinn last year. Rode up 3 to Bond Falls and grabbed 8 East. That was the only viable we could find. If I remember it was every bit of 180 miles to Gwinn. Munising will be well over 210 if you continue on 8.