Do you know what rims these are.

lofsfire

So we had one of our brush trucks off road the other day and one of our guys bent one rim on this truck.
112861.jpg

Of course after having the rims on this truck for years there are no markings of a name or model number etc. And the firefighter that purchased them is no longer around.
Between the guys on the department we were able to fix it so the truck is usable but the rim will need to be replaced. I planed on just going through some old catalogs looking for the rims, but thought maybe someone might have the same rims on their tuck.

This truck is a 1986 Chevy 2500 with the 8 bolt pattern the rim. With a tire size of 33 x 12.50 r16.5lt. I'm told this is a older size and not a common anymore and may be hard to find.

Here are some up close pictures of the rims:

112862.jpg

112863.jpg

112864.jpg

mezz

They do look like they could be American Racing rims, possibly Outlaws or Baja. Though you may have luck finding rims that are similar. Those wheels have to be 20+ yrs old so I don't think you will find an exact match unless you check some salvage yards & get lucky. Here is an address to try for similar new wheels, www.wheelsforless.com . -Mezz

lofsfire

Thanks guys, I think I may have found it just took the right key words in google and a few clicks.

Rock Crawler Series 88 Chrome Mod Wheel
112910.jpg

What do you think?

Mezz~ Guess I should have mentioned it, they can be more than 8yrs old. We actually bought the truck used from a guy that used it to plow his driveway that was about .25 miles long. The truck only had 30,000 miles on it back in 1998. And we waited 2 or 3 years before putting the tire and rims on it. But thanks b/c looking at the link you gave led me to another page the triggered some ideas on what to search which eventually led the to the rims above.

mezz

lofsfire, Cool, glad it helped, at least kind of anyway. That style of rim has been around for some time. It reminded me of a buddy of mine who had a similar set on his truck back in the 80's.-Mezz

lofsfire

LOL,

Ok good catch but that was the only picture I could find even next to the ones that said 8 lug. The more important part was the rim name/ style.
Also center caps are a little different but are sold separately so it does not matter.