Does 2 cycle oil have a shelf life?

Just curious, a local place has a case of citgo sea n snow that was a special order that never got picked up. I could buy it for 60 bucks and I believe there is 4 in a case, been sitting for 3-4 years I'm told still ok?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here we go again! The NEW Sea & Snow Thread...

The oil itself, regardless of brand has been in the earth for millions of years. 3 or 4 years in a box isn't going to change anything. Heck, I've got socks that are older than that! Assuming the Sea & Snow is chocked full of important additives, they're blended, not mixed. So again, 3 or 4 years in a box, and you're good to go. Offer them $50, obviously they're not selling much of the stuff.

G

G

Drive fast. Indy's probably on his way to snatch it up. I once read that 'aged' Sea and Snow is even better than fresh stuff. Kind of like whiskey.

chords

Blended and Aged = more speed + sea n' snow = screamin' speed.

I think 3-4 or more yrs is still good.

btw - it all comes from the same place, a hole in the ground.

You guys are hilarious lol!!! Seriously though I switched from Amsoil to sea n snow last winter as amsoil was getting so pricey.I think it actually burns alot cleaner and has a higher service rating than anything else I've seen, its jaso fd. My sled is a '01 sx-r 700 which isn't picky in regards to oil anyways with no powervalves.