#dont feed the trolls

chords

I see this response to Topics over and over. And over again. And I wonder what is the meaning and why. Are you saying don't post your personal response like I just did because that's all I got. ?

russholio

"Trolling" means posting things just to stir up trouble or to get a reaction. Kinda like when one sibling annoys another just for the fun of it. "#DontFeedTheTrolls" means don't play into their hand.

chords

Well that's the part I don't get. A typed response is a reaction and playing into their hand.

I think most Topic's are posted to create discussion including a reaction. This one is.

russholio

Creating discussion is very different from intentionally stirring up trouble.

Edited to clarify that by "posting things" I meant creating a topic or starting a thread. But yeah, I can see where reply posts could be considered as such.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

It's getting really annoying! Hashtag this!

"Trolling" means posting things just to stir up trouble or to get a reaction. Kinda like when one sibling annoys another just for the fun of it. "#DontFeedTheTrolls" means don't play into their hand.

People with one sided views consider the opposition to their views as trolls.
So much can be learned from unbiased dialogue if folks would put down their guard.

dfattack

People with one sided views consider the opposition to their views as trolls.
So much can be learned from unbiased dialogue if folks would put down their guard.

I can't believe ANYONE would agree with how Whitmer handled the state in the last 12 months. No matter your political beliefs, her decisions should have concerned all Americans not just conservatives. To suggest her actions were justified was in my opinion unconstitutional. The left and right SHOULD agree on that but it's not happening. When most on here, not all, but most agree on this...then someone comes in and posts how shes doing a good job...that to me is stirring the pot knowing the reaction that poster is going to get. People's livelihoods were and are at stake in many cases. Not that lives weren't but they will always be at stake due to natural causes, annual flu and other diseases. Natural mortality will always be the case, we need to keep the rest of the world functioning. Whitmer was used as an example to illustrate my point. It wasn't meant to start a debate about her actions being justified or not.

whitedust

My problem with Whitmer is her choice with MI Covid restrictions regardless of population density was one size fits all of MI. Imo that was/is plain crazy and inappropriate.

dfattack

My problem with Whitmer is her choice with MI Covid restrictions regardless of population density was one size fits all of MI. Imo that was/is plain crazy and inappropriate.

I didn't want to start a Whitmer political debate. Only used that as an example of how a troll can stir up trouble about a particular subject

sweeperguy

I can't believe ANYONE would agree with how Whitmer handled the state in the last 12 months. No matter your political beliefs, her decisions should have concerned all Americans not just conservatives. To suggest her actions were justified was in my opinion unconstitutional. The left and right SHOULD agree on that but it's not happening. When most on here, not all, but most agree on this...then someone comes in and posts how shes doing a good job...that to me is stirring the pot knowing the reaction that poster is going to get. People's livelihoods were and are at stake in many cases. Not that lives weren't but they will always be at stake due to natural causes, annual flu and other diseases. Natural mortality will always be the case, we need to keep the rest of the world functioning. Whitmer was used as an example to illustrate my point. It wasn't meant to start a debate about her actions being justified or not.

Whitmer was not the only one. Governor s of all states (with very few exceptions) no matter what political party. Also higher elected officials. Yea whitmers bad, but not only michiganders have gotten screwed through all this.

dfattack

Whitmer was not the only one. Governor s of all states (with very few exceptions) no matter what political party. Also higher elected officials. Yea whitmers bad, but not only michiganders have gotten screwed through all this.

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I know she was not the only one...look at Illinois, New York, California and others. My point was not to start a political debate. I simply used her as an example to illustrate my point about how a troll can stir up trouble. Michigan was easy to use since many on this site were effected by Michigan.