Door County

MJL

Warlock when we didn't want to cross the canal bridge in Sturgeon Bay we either parked in the school parking lot in Institute and rode the shoulder of the Hwy 57 for a couple of blocks then turned left at bar on corner and caught trail off of side road. The Log Den bar/restaurant is snowmobile friendly and you can park in parking furthest away from restaurant, trail leaves from behind bar . Both are day drop locations and we ride the center zone alot very scenic and Pennisula park is great but slow at 25mph speed limit. Lodging not sure of one with trail access but do some research that advertise. You can leave from Algoma and ride into southern Door County on railroad grade if you choose to Sturgeon Bay.

http://map.co.door.wi.us/parks/snowmobile.htm
http://www.co.kewaunee.wi.gov/section.asp?linkid=2279&locid=195

sMgE46M

Has anyone ever rode in Door County?

Trails, lodging, stops, wheres a good starting point?

Any info would be appreciated

My parents have a cabin up there and I have been going up there since I was little.

Day trip:
I would drop in sturgeon bay (there is a culvers/gas station mobil i think?) north side of town - Big parking lot and trail goes right through it. When you head north you can choose to go towards Jacksonport/Baileys Harbor (east) or egg harbor fish creek (west). We have done to the point and back in 1 day (gills rock) - mind you this was when everything was prestine and you really could rip.

Lodging:
Hotels:
There is a best western (by the race track) in sturgeon bay along with another one... I cant think of it (by target - maybe american inn?) south side of the bridge before walgreens.
Motels:
Mike's Port Pub has rooms (8-9 maybe?) family friends, great people, great food! Trail leads right to the back of the bar (across the parking lot is the motel) - books up fast however for festivals etc.
Theres a place in baileys harbor too... i cant think of the name (lakeside big pool in front).

Food/drinks:
Places right off the trail I can think of? Ac tap, mikes port pub (obviously), any place in downtown fish creek is walking distance, over in baileys harbor the trail runs through town so the Door County Brewery (fun place!), im sure when you go north there are more just cant think of any...

hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

Radar Runs on Kangaroo lake Feb 6th! With ice hockey tourn. for winter festival (also is a big celebration in fish creek on the ice with carnival games like wheel of meat, minow racing!). Will be busy tho!

chap72

I would check to see if the trail system is open. I talked with my uncle that lives in sisterbay yesterday and the trails Were closed. He said they got a lot of good snow but with the Highwinds some areas had snow other areas down to bare ground. Door county is a great place to go for a snowmobile ride it's not like up north going to be a lot of road crossings. The AC tap rocks !!

skidoowi

We have stayed at Meadow Ridge (inlaws had the timeshare) just before Egg Harbor and rode both south and north.

South to Log Cabin and trails in that area.

North to PC Junction (east of Egg Harbor) for lunch and trails in that area.

We have also trailered up to Fish Creek and dropped at the BP just north of town which has direct access across the road to the State Park and road the state park trails.

Mainly riding with the family and other families in Door County so no long trips (ie 50 miles per day tops).