Drummond Island

LakeVilla

Thinking of making a trip this season to Drummond Island. We would appreciate any ideas / suggestions. Is there sufficient trails to make it worthwhile for a 2-3 day trip.
Thanks in advance for your help

tourguide

Drummond has trails, sometimes gets sparse on the snow, ride the island for a day or two then go ride mainland to see some new territory. I would recommend riding out to marblehead, pretty cool but LOTS of rocks.

polarisrider1

Thinking of making a trip this season to Drummond Island. We would appreciate any ideas / suggestions. Is there sufficient trails to make it worthwhile for a 2-3 day trip.
Thanks in advance for your help

Great trip to take women and kids on or just the guys. Stage in Cedarville and take sleds over on ferry boat. Ride over to Canada for the day over the ice on north side, all the trails on the Island ca be done in a day. Quarry road is a must do ride. There is no legal off trail that I know off on the island. Maxton Plains worth a look.

notaboveme

Check out Drummond Island rentals on the web. We rented a house a few years ago and it was very reasonable. Good easy day of riding on the island then ferry to the mainland.

fredster

There are about 80 miles of trails on the Island. They are mainly tight and twisty, with a few faster sections. Some nice scenic stops on bluffs where you can look out over the water. A few years ago me and a buddy stayed in Kinross (south of SSM) and rode to Detour, took the ferry over, rode about 1/2 the Island, had lunch, rode the rest of the Island, then made it back to Kinross by 6-7PM. I think our trip total was maybe 180 that day. So a day trip from SSM to the Island and back isn't out of the question. Or vice versa if you decide to stay on the Island. You can also go from Drummond to Canada via the ice bridge when it's "in season".

They are not in the LES belts so they'll need some system snows for good trails. I've cancelled more than one trip to the Island because of that.

I'm not sure riding just the Island would keep me occupied for three days but as long as there is good snow there are other places to go.

Have fun!