Dunbar/Godman Riding

Coming up to Goodman Thurs. thru Sun. Any idea how the trails are? Is it better North? East? West? Wondering how far Long Lake and Tipler are? Thanks ahead of time!!!!

packerlandrider

Parents rode out of Pembine on Friday and said everything was good+. A little choppy near the end of the day due to traffic, but clubs are certainly doing all they can with what little snow is available. Have done plenty of loops from Pembine through Long Lake and Tipler over the years and these loops were consistently in the 155-160 mile range. From Goodman, I would guesstimate Long Lake is a 20-25 mile ride one way, with Tipler another 10 miles north up the NST.

It's better North. I rode Aurora-Florence-Tipler and Crystal Falls, MI trails Saturday and everything was really good. It was a little thin in a few spots but overall trails in this area are really good and not a lot of traffic.

Thanks for the feedback!!!! Sounds like the wife and I will enjoy some Great Trails and Less traffic!!! The Cats are in the Triton and ready.. Any other suggestions would be appreciated...Like maybe the Forest County Trails? Thanks in advance....

DC-Kidd

If you ride Dun-Good, Florence & Forest, you'll be happy. Trails are good but don't go much farther south. -30 this morning and the Dun-Good groomer is out. Their trails are almost always in great condition. Can unload at the park & ride in Dunbar and take off from there if you're looking for a place to unload. Trail goes right thru it. Sound like some snow "might" be coming for Tuesday. Will be perfect.

DC-Kidd

There are new pictures posted on the Dun-Good Riders face book page, taken today from the groomer on the trails. Sure looks good! The Highway 8 connector trail between Dun-Good trails and Forest County is looking real good too. Check the pictures out. Good looking pictures from the Beer Truck too!

Last edited: