Eagle River Derby Track 12-29-23

wiscrev

Yes, that's what we are dealing with. Need cold, cold, cold so we can make ice. Hopefully we can start New Years Eve or New years day.

wiscrev

Looks ok for side by side racing
They do that on ice, too. John Greaves and his circuit raced here for a couple of years, it was a blast. He took me around the track a couple of times and didn't get off the throttle. Got a pic of him and I airborne over some woops! First lap was definitely white knuckles for me, lol.

hermie

Yeah pretty cool going on the web cam watching the truck make the track. I have always wanted to go and with no snow, maybe this will be the year I go. I have a hard time watching other people ride there sleds when I can be out riding mine. Same reason I never bothered to go to any radar runs. I rather be out riding with my wife making endless memories.

wiscrev

Yeah pretty cool going on the web cam watching the truck make the track. I have always wanted to go and with no snow, maybe this will be the year I go. I have a hard time watching other people ride there sleds when I can be out riding mine. Same reason I never bothered to go to any radar runs. I rather be out riding with my wife making endless memories.
If you come up, be sure and look me up, I'm the Track Chaplain and when I'm not on the track, I'm all over the complex.

hermie

Sounds good. Looks like it going to be good ice making weather except maybe Saturday

wiscrev

Just checked their Track Cam, at least it's white on the ground there. www.derbycomplex.com/track-cam/ We have specs of white with a lot of green & brown.
If it's 1/4-1/2" that's all. It will probably be brushed off so they can water tonight. Not sure if they want to go over that or not. When we get significant amounts, it gets brushed off. I got a whole 1/4" here in St Germain.