Eagle River update?

mikes99ss

With the world championship right around the corner I was wondering if there anybody that could tell me how the track is shaping up? I haven't been there in years and I'm thinking about going this year. Just curious if they're going to be able to pull this off?

wiscrev

Track looking pretty good on the cam. Will find out tomorrow how much we have down so far. Minimum should be 8". With al the racing on Pro weekend, including 130 lap Enduro at the end, we will need more than that but hopefully can get by.

wiscrev

Just checked the WCDC site. Snow Goer Mag just had a nice article on the races. They listed 28 drivers for the championship which is the most since I've be the Track Chaplain, but I think they missed one or two. Purse this year if over $48000+ in added bonus monies and that was the total before Christmas so it has probably gone up. Exciting time for Eagle River and oval racing.

kirk600

Just checked the WCDC site. Snow Goer Mag just had a nice article on the races. They listed 28 drivers for the championship which is the most since I've be the Track Chaplain, but I think they missed one or two. Purse this year if over $48000+ in added bonus monies and that was the total before Christmas so it has probably gone up. Exciting time for Eagle River and oval racing.
Unfortunately we are not going this year for vintage WCDC weekend....it's now the same weekend as Gaylord and one of our drivers is committed to race Gaylord.

wiscrev

Unfortunately we are not going this year for vintage WCDC weekend....it's now the same weekend as Gaylord and one of our drivers is committed to race Gaylord.
Sorry to hear that. Mother Nature just didn't cooperate this year. See you next year and get a win in Gaylord.

snobuilder

drove from Laona to Sayner early this AM. This took me through Crandon, 3 Lakes and Eagle River. 6 plus or minus inches was the norm on the ground before today. Snow stared falling around 8:30 am and is still coming down. I saw several groomers out along the way packing the trails.
Keeping the fingers crossed this snow falls all night.

wiscrev

Two nice articles and a video of the track are on the WCDC FB site. Track looks awesome!
Will be there tomorrow helping to set up bales [1600] and safety netting. If anyone is interested, just show up, we can always use more help. Lunch on us.

wiscrev

419885153_836241358303146_454934524080203208_n.jpg

And so we begin. It's going to be a great weekend of racing. [turns 3-4]

wiscrev

New owners continue to improve everything. This year they have added "pillows" in turns 1 & 3 as that is where most hard accidents happen, especially turn 1.

boomer

New owners continue to improve everything. This year they have added "pillows" in turns 1 & 3 as that is where most hard accidents happen, especially turn 1.
I'll be there this weekend cheering on the Pat's Motorsport's F3 team with driver Jesse Wergin. Thanks wiscrev and the whole WCDC team for your dedication and making such an awesome/safe track for this years event and to Kip at Pat's Motorsports for your dedication to the sport.

wiscrev

I'll be there this weekend cheering on the Pat's Motorsport's F3 team with driver Jesse Wergin. Thanks wiscrev and the whole WCDC team for your dedication and making such an awesome/safe track for this years event and to Kip at Pat's Motorsports for your dedication to the sport.
Pat's trailer is parked on the backstretch right at the chute [entrance].