electric shield

I know this is prolly in the wrong spot but it would get move views here so here it goes. I've got a gmax 44s modular helmet with external sun shield. I'm in need of a new shield. I wiped out last season and ripped the plug in off. I've looked at a few places online and they are all about the same price (95.00). My question is does anyone know of a place to get cheaper or am I SOL? Thanks!

The Beav

I know this is prolly in the wrong spot but it would get move views here so here it goes. I've got a gmax 44s modular helmet with external sun shield. I'm in need of a new shield. I wiped out last season and ripped the plug in off. I've looked at a few places online and they are all about the same price (95.00). My question is does anyone know of a place to get cheaper or am I SOL? Thanks!

I just bought one for the same helmet on ebay for $85 free shipping. Perfect fit and easy install. I love this thing because the 44s frosts up really quick and this thing works great. You can buy them factory direct for 79.95 but they also charge u $12 for shipping.

Polarice

Try jazz motorsports in Maumee Ohio. The deal heavily in gmax and if I remember they're $80.00. Call them and they may ship for free.

slotour

I bought a heated shield at the Milwaukee show from Highlands Yamaha from the Chicago area. I think it was $50.00 with the Gmax helmet. They have a good website.

I was wondering if an electric shield takes care of fogging. I bought a CKX helmet last year and the thing always fogs up if I close the shield. Is there some kind of breather box I should try instead of an electric shield?

The Beav

Electric shields help but will cost u between $75-100. Try Rain X, this works as long as it's not too cold.

anonomoose

modular are great but even with breath boxes, they can fog under the right conditions (heavy snow ...high moisture content in air and cold temps)

If any breath escapes, it will land on shield and stay there.

Only remedy is a electric which works under all conditions.