email alerts

dfattack

Can someone tell me how to stop the email notifications? I have gone through my preferences and thought I unchecked the boxes but I'm still getting them. I have tried everything at the email provider to consider them "not spam" but they keep going into my spam folder so would like to simply stop JD from sending email notifications.

Anyone know what lines or steps to take?

dfattack

That should be under your preferences. Make sure you save the changes.

Gary

Gary,

are the only email settings shown in the three "email options"? I have them unchecked already. Do I also have to uncheck down below next to all the alerts? I'm confused with the alerts. Are those limited to the alert bell at the top of the page once logged into the forums or are alerts also referring to email alerts? Reason I'm asking is because I am still getting notifications emailed to me (and going to spam) even with anything pertaining to emails being unchecked.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gary,

are the only email settings shown in the three "email options"? I have them unchecked already. Do I also have to uncheck down below next to all the alerts? I'm confused with the alerts. Are those limited to the alert bell at the top of the page once logged into the forums or are alerts also referring to email alerts? Reason I'm asking is because I am still getting notifications emailed to me (and going to spam) even with anything pertaining to emails being unchecked.
I'm thinking the issue is with your Spam Folder preferences. I'd take a look at your Spam settings separate from JD.com

If it were me, I'd go into your Preferences and Uncheck all Email and Alerts and Save. Then go back in and check the ones you want and Save again. I know it's a long way around for a short distance but sometimes that's what it takes.

Anyone else that have thoughts here, feel free...

dfattack

I'm thinking the issue is with your Spam Folder preferences. I'd take a look at your Spam settings separate from JD.com

If it were me, I'd go into your Preferences and Uncheck all Email and Alerts and Save. Then go back in and check the ones you want and Save again. I know it's a long way around for a short distance but sometimes that's what it takes.

Anyone else that have thoughts here, feel free...
I will do what you suggest.

All JD Emails have been going to my Comcast spam folder for a long time. I have tried countless times going into the spam folder at Comcast and marking all JD emails as “not spam”. No matter how many times I do it they continue to go to spam. Now I just want to not receive any JD emails (notifications) to see if they stop. I’m logging in all the time anyway so I don’t need all the email notifications.