"Energy Independence", eh?

Iowarider

If I remember right a barrel of crude oil is 40 gallons a barrel. This should make it even sound worse. I think everyone is thinking of a 50 gallon barrel.

old abe

FYI, if interested, I have been doing some more research out of my own curiosity, and anger. Seems as Rockefeller very well knew he had the Bull by the Balls, eh? And yeah he did have! First of all, the all too common 'phrase' used of "Energy Independent", is very, very misleading. Perhaps intended to be just that? What they, whoever they are speaking, is this, and only this. Not as it sounds. It means that the US is exporting a larger volume of crude oil, and refined products, than what the US importing. Yeah that's right, and it's only ever happened in 2020, 21, 22, and 23. Came close in 2017, but did not quite happen. And this "Energy Independent" this now seems to be very unfriendly news to me, now knowing this. Not at all what I thought it meant. Sadly, it actually does overall, increases our consumer costs. Proven Fact! No way around that as being Fact. The removing of the prior Exporting Limit, in 2014, has greatly proven to do Exactly what the Oil Industry Lobbied, and Promised that would not, could not happen. Yeah, right! Okay, and history provides the sad factual proof of increasing the costs to the US consumer. Immediately after removing the export limits, exports increased by 6 fold! Yeah, sadly this is still happening too. Many times importing oil, refined products is cheaper than using our own? Huh, yeah that is correct! However much more so before 'OPEC', and the Arab oil embargo. But it still happens. So be careful of what you wish for, are told, hearing, and watching. Seems so very easy now days for us to believe what we like to hear, as you are being deceived. Some of it is intentional too! Perhaps we remember what Mark Twain, (Samuel Clemens), and Ol' PT Barnum said? I got all of my info from Industry Reports, Analysts, and the EIA. You can, anyone can very easily track the extremely accurate thorough EIA monthly reports. I didn't go into the effects of the Pandemic, and the world economic declines that followed, the war in Ukraine. They all had major effects, some good, some bad. Enough OTS for now.

old abe

If I remember right a barrel of crude oil is 40 gallons a barrel. This should make it even sound worse. I think everyone is thinking of a 50 gallon barrel.
$85 plus is where it is at, and they would like to keep it no lower than $85.

Airman68

I think one other thing to consider is the value of the dollar and that the BRICS nations are trying to get the US dollar out of the oil business. The less oil is bought with US dollars, the worse it will be for us. This plays into what we pay for fuels or anything for that matter. In the end, we are all likely screwed one way or the other. Our government is such a cesspool of corruption that spans both parties. Even if we got a descent president at some point, it's almost an insurmountable task to fix it. I think we all need to prepare for what we know will be coming.

pclark

I think one other thing to consider is the value of the dollar and that the BRICS nations are trying to get the US dollar out of the oil business. The less oil is bought with US dollars, the worse it will be for us. This plays into what we pay for fuels or anything for that matter. In the end, we are all likely screwed one way or the other. Our government is such a cesspool of corruption that spans both parties. Even if we got a descent president at some point, it's almost an insurmountable task to fix it. I think we all need to prepare for what we know will be coming.
Scary thoughts, but I agree. November is going to be a turning point in this nation.

harvest1121

Well another issue is USA has sanctions on Russia. Great we can't buy the oil but they sell to India then we buy from them. Its the USA supporting both side in the Ukrainian war and then the war in Israel. I live close to two refineries in Illinois but gas is cheaper in Northern Illinois and Minocqua WI. Gas stations should be allowed to break down the taxes on each gallon of gas so people can see what is made per gallon. Illinois's mortally obese governor made you post he saved you a few cents but not the taxes paid.

old abe

Spot on. If we the USA loses the $$ Dollar being used as the clearing currency, we will be in big, big time trouble all the way around. There are plenty of countries out there that would like this to happen too. Most greatly despise the USA.