Experience with damaged sleds .

shift08

So a few weeks ago I hit a tree with my new sled. Took it in to my local dealer whom I like and has a very good reputation.My question is are repaired sleds "as good as new" after repairs ? I wont have it back for a couple weeks yet The sled was a 2014 indy and had $3700 in damage . I don't know if I should keep it or try to sell/trade . I know I would take a huge hit on trade or selling out right as it is so new. Insurance is paying for the fix minus deductible . Wondering what others have had for experience with reliability on repaired machines.

Thanks

olsmann

Yes Should be good as new to the point nobody will ever know it was hit. If that's not possible the Ins. company would have totaled it. As long as they didn't miss anything on the estimate you will be fine. Even if they did miss something they just call the INS. company for a change. Not a prob. If you trust your dealer and inspect it closely when you pick it up I wouldn't worry about it. These machines aren't as complicated as some would have you believe. If bulk head is good, everything else can be fixed.

wak

P1010323.jpg P1010323.jpg In 08 I hit a '60 pine tree with mt 08 summit. It was not totaled but it was repaired by a dealer. I have had it ever since with no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

There was about $2700 damage. The left ski was about "6 further back than the right. It ended the trip early. I could not turn left.