Extending the deer season?

ubee

This just shows the brains of whoever is running the Wisconsin DNR!!! Make sure your voice is heard !! Pretty soon it will take 16 days and 100 hunters to find a track and stay on it 24/7 to tag it so it wont starve to death!! what a crock of <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>!!!

harvest1121

I read they have bow hunting to Jan 3 is that for Vilas and Iron. What are they trying to destroy all the business they have up in Northern Wisconsin.

xcr440

Bow hunting has always gone later. But there are not many brave souls out there in January with a bow.

The talk I've heard is for next year, extending the normal 9 day gun season to a 16 day gun season like it is in Minnesota. That would be before Thanksgiving, so no affect on the sledding.

sr22ger

xcr440 is right, the 16 day season starting the week prior to normal is the current proposal for next year.

This year there is a statewide antlerless hunt Dec 10th - 13th, which is just after the normal muzzleloader season.

I know it's the cool thing to hate the government and especially the dnr, but all of the information is available on their website, http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/regs/index.htm.

maxwell

If you are unable to harvest a Deere in 9 days, then you should investigate either your hunting practices and etiquette or your hunting area.

michaeladams

115391.jpg

mikexcr8

i guees car incurance companiess say they will double the pay to the wis. dnr if 16 days hunt begins next year.

so much for traditions now adays. funny how they say there is so much deer out there.... last year it was almost 250,000 deer less harvested last year. they need to stop going to deer farms and counting there.

sorry guys id rather sit in my tree stand than go riding in december

misty_pines

The 2007 Wisconsin deer harvest figures were: Archery - 116,010 and Firearms - 402,563 for a total 2007 harvest of 518,573.

The 2008 WI deer harvest figures were: Archery - 99,284 and Firearms - 352,601 for a total 2008 harvest of 451,885 which was 66,688 less that 2007.

As others have said above, a proposal is a 16 day firearms season similar to Minnesota. Archery closes the first Sunday in January.