EZ slide removal tool

ragex2

I purchased a slide removal tool, not knowing how well it would work but found it works very well. It fits a regular, small air hammer. I placed bit on edge of slide, rather than thru track window as instructions state. Once the end of the slide was through the window, it walked it right off, it was amazing! Available at www.ezslideremover.com I called phone number and had tool in a couple days. Thanks to David for the fast service.

dekx

I purchased a slide removal tool, not knowing how well it would work but found it works very well. It fits a regular, small air hammer. I placed bit on edge of slide, rather than thru track window as instructions state. Once the end of the slide was through the window, it walked it right off, it was amazing! Available at www.ezslideremover.com I called phone number and had tool in a couple days. Thanks to David for the fast service.

Ive had one for a few years now and LOVE it

shoelessjoe

Hammer and a punch with ani-seize down the slide before the new ones go in for me!!

Me too. Takes a few taps to get the slide moving, once the back end of the slide is out the track window in the rear you drill a hole through the slide and put a rope through the hole to make yourself a hand loop. A few tugs and the slide is off.

If you use the anti-seize it makes it easy enough that you can pull the slide with one hand and hold your "garage pop" with the other ;)

jhg

get it out rear window a couple of inches and put it in reverse. anti sieze helps for sure

ubee, Although I've heard of this method before, I was always afraid to try it. Is the slide flexible enough so that it doesn't do any damage to the rails, etc.?

Thanks.

Jim