F-16

buddah2

No word on the pilot yet?

Still none as of 1630 hrs Thursday...local "rumor mill" says they located ejection seat but no pilot...that's all we have to go on, media is TOTALLY useless...who'd a thought THAT?

FWIW : I came back from Manistique earlier this afternoon which took me right by the restricted area...only signs of anything was that
2218 & LL Rd (parallel dirt roads) are both still closed off at both north and south ends

Sledhead!

Sorry to hear that. Curious if the event that lead to ejection had something to do with that, or exposure perhaps? Tragic loss either way......

Sandylake

Sad news.

Combat pilots are rock stars on a level not many of us can comprehend.

I was in the AF with a guy that ended up becoming an officer so he could fly. He ended up washing out of the program he was in. It's so stressful even though it's very structured and programmed to help you deal with the stresses.

Anyway, RIP brother

buddah2

O.K. fellow conspiracy theorists, here's a new one for you...after coffee this AM I tried to go to my buddy's house that's closest
to the crash site...as I mentioned yesterday they had barricades up at both north & south ends of the two parallel roads...well
this morning those barricades are "guarded" by US Army humvees(I actually stopped and talked to the guys for a minute...they
were very close mouthed, pleasant but didn't say much ...seeing how they've already recovered the pilot's body as well as removed
any ordinance from the plane, just what do you suppose they are "guarding"?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just watched the Air Force press conference. Nothing much said, mostly what we already know. The investigation could take up to a year to conclude. Name of the pilot probably released in a day or two.

As to the previous post, I would think the military wants to contain any evidence or prevent people from disturbing the crash site.

buddah2

That's all fine and dandy but if they are going to continue blocking off that area it's going to be a real "issue"...the crash site is supposedly either on or immediately adjacent to the main north/south trail in this area...anybody trying to get from Munising area to Big Spring (a really popular destination) will be faced with a 30+ mile detour

buddah2

I talked to my buddy that lives less than a mile from the crash site late this afternoon...they've now re-opened his road but you still can't get anywhere near the site itself...barricades are still in place on both roads but they're not guarded anymore