F 7 Sno Pro axle shaft bolt removal???

rozzy43

Any F7 sno-pro owners on here that know a good way to get the bolt out holding the DD on? I've tried a breaker bar & socket and a impact! and have only gotten it to move 1/8 of a inch, feel like something is going to break if i keep trying, so seeing if there are any good tips from others on here.
( just bought this thing so new to it and it's maintenance)

hybrid

have u tried some heat ?
probably has locktite on the threads
and as gary said make sure its not reverse thread
i dont think it is but i am not sure
quite a bit of info about this on hardcore sledder
might want to review some threads over there
hope this helps

snomoman

I’m laying my chips down on it being left hand thread, when I had my Polaris I used 2 breaker bars, one on each side, I believe they use left hand threads so that they don’t loosen while you’re riding

mezz

Check out YouTube - 2007 F7 Arctic Cat Diamond Drive Removal. Helpful info there. I would recommend the video titled Heides Garage, this girl knows what she is doing. BTW, as you will see in the video, the nut on the brake caliper side is not a left hand thread. Put some penatrating oil on it if you can't break it loose. Lefty loosie.... Good luck.

Last edited:

rozzy43

Thanks guys, I got it. Took a heavy duty 22" breaker bar to get it to budge and come loose. >Normal threads, if anyone else runs into this you'll know.

euphoric1

Thanks guys, I got it. Took a heavy duty 22" breaker bar to get it to budge and come loose. >Normal threads, if anyone else runs into this you'll know.
I imagine it was the loctite that was holding it in? a little shop trick, if you have a higher wattage output electric soldering gun, put the tip of the gun on the head of the bolt for a few minutes, will heat and liquify the loctite and make for easier removal without having to use a torch where you end up heating and or damaging everything around it in the process.