F150 ecoboost

tilltheend

Im interested in how that eco-boost works out, a buddy just picked one up and so far so good pulling his boat at 3000lbs..... A guy can justify the diesel alot of ways to make it look good on paper. Theres a cummins in my driveway thats the coolest thing I've ever driven, but its just not worth the cost of ownership unless your pulling a "big" trailer quite a bit. And a guy can get 4 sleds up north covered behind just about any half ton. I look at total cost of maintenance beyond the 12 qt oil changes with oil and fuel filter every time. A set of injetors or even a fuel pump, costs thousands not hundreds like a gasser. Not to mention fuel additives to keep the pre-emission engines running right on the new clean fuels or the urea for the new engines....

heckler56

Im interested in how that eco-boost works out, a buddy just picked one up and so far so good pulling his boat at 3000lbs..... A guy can justify the diesel alot of ways to make it look good on paper. Theres a cummins in my driveway thats the coolest thing I've ever driven, but its just not worth the cost of ownership unless your pulling a "big" trailer quite a bit. And a guy can get 4 sleds up north covered behind just about any half ton. I look at total cost of maintenance beyond the 12 qt oil changes with oil and fuel filter every time. A set of injetors or even a fuel pump, costs thousands not hundreds like a gasser. Not to mention fuel additives to keep the pre-emission engines running right on the new clean fuels or the urea for the new engines....

You are so right. I will say that having had the diesels for 11yrs, the ecoboost tows just as well.