Family Pics From Gaylord 12-21-07

joechase

On Friday we rode a 75 mile loop leaving from and returning to the Best Western in Gaylord via Fredrick, Starvation Lake, and Lakes of the North. We only passed seven other sleds. The trails were great.

This is the Blue Bear trail between Fredrick and Starvation Lake.
62316.jpg

Kids out taking a break.
62317.jpg

My sled, my wife's sled, and our kids' Snowcoach.
62318.jpg

Every trip we have to make a snowman somewhere.
62319.jpg

On Saturday, we headed North. We saw maybe a dozen sleds. Temps were warm, but the trails were great.

This is the new trail between Indian River and Cheboygan.
62320.jpg

The bridge was our final stop before we headed back to Gaylord giving us 140 miles on Saturday.
62321.jpg

We stopped in Wolverine on the way back. Nothing like playing in a playground in the middle of winter.
62322.jpg

chickenbone76

Great pictures. I still remember the snowmen we made out on the trails when I was a kid. You will always remember those good times.

lofsfire

joechase or anyone else,
How do you like the trailer for the kids? Or more importantly how do they like it? I have two boys 3 and 15mo. and I think I would like to get one for them. Of course your not flying down the trail but what kind of speeds are you able to do and not turn them in to lotto balls?
Thanks

joechase

The trailer was the best investment that I could have ever made. No more having to hold on to a sleeping kid, and no more heads with heavy helmets moving up and down hitting us. The two boys fit in there nicely with lots of room. With snowmobile suits, warm hats, and a couple of blankets, they are as warm as can be. It has two seatbelts to hold them in securely, and no helmets are needed since it is a totally inclosed unit. It must be a good ride, because at times, they are both sleeping. We easily do 45 mph on the trails.

lofsfire

Wow 45mph! That’s more than I would have guessed. I figured anything over 15, 20 they be on a real ride inside there and I would be going insane. Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to look in to one for my boys.