Fast Eddie Clarke - Motorhead - Fond Farewell

parker

I read this morning that Fast Eddie Clarke passed away yesterday. Sad news indeed.

His passing, preceded in death by Lemmy, and Phil, marks the end of Motorhead and that Legendary Original Lineup. Killed by Death ...

RIP Gentlemen, and Thank You for creating some of the Finest Hard Rocking Music the Earth will never see the likes of again.

They invented - Over The Top !

blkhwkbob

Overkill, Bomber, and Ace of Spades--a run of three great albums that I wore the vinyl off. Really sad that all three guys are gone. I saw them open for Ozzy with Randy Rhoads at the Aragon in 1981, and still didn't fully appreciate it. I was also at their headline show at the Aragon like three days after Fast Eddie left the band. Brian Robertson was brought in and Lemmy was teaching him the songs onstage.

parker

Ahhh, "The Brawlroom" I was there that night. Nothing like General Admission, No Air Conditioning Hotter than all get out.

Not taking anything away from Motorhead .. but ..
That was the Blizzard of Oz Tour. The 1st time we (Chgo) got to experience RR play live .. (and we thought the albums were great).
Geezuz, Live.. ? Holy UnREAL !
RR literally made the hair stand up on the back of my neck when they came on stage - nothing short of Jaw Dropping Virtuoso, and I realized what I was seeing.

Ah, The Thrilling Days of Yesteryear ..(lucky to have survived).

blkhwkbob

Oh no, I was fully aware of what Ozzy and Randy were all about, believe me. I wasn't into Motorhead at the time, so it just sounded like loud noise. I later realized that they basically did the "No Sleep Till Hammersmith" album. So, true story. Friends of mine SWORE they knew bouncers who could get them up close. We waited and waited outside and I got nervous so I went in and went upstairs in the balcony. It was like 100 degrees up there. I found my friends after the show. They found their guy and were let into the VIP section in front of the barricades near the stage. I had a camera. In my pictures you can see my friends up front like ten feet from the stage. I also saw Ozzy/Randy at Alpine Valley with a very young Def Leppard opening and again at the Rosemont Horizon in January 82--the show where Ozzy lifted Randy and the famous photo became the cover of the Tribute album. The 80's ruled for me.