Feb.28

mezz

Awoke to a balmy 8 degrees this morning with approx 3" of fresh snow though difficult to be sure due to the high winds we've had. Schools in the UP including Houghton & Keweenaw Counties were closed today due to the weather. I can only assume they called it a snow day because they have only used 2 snow days so far this winter as it really wasn't that bad here in the Keweenaw. Hard to believe that yesterday afternoon it was sunny with a temp of 41 & then drop to single digits in a matter of hours. Suppose to be warmer Friday with temp in the upper 40's to near 50, go figure. I think mother nature is suffering from an extreme case bipolar disorder.

Last edited:
Here in the central lower peninsula, we went from 74 degrees yesterday to 19 degrees today. Shorts & t-shirts yesterday and back to Winter garb today!

BigSix

Sitting out on the patio with a beer yesterday afternoon at 72 degrees in East Green Bay. This morning a half inch of snow and 12 degrees! Now any snow on the south side of a building is gone with the strong sun but only 25 degrees.

Airman68

I had some hopes of one last UP run but considering it will be back in the 40's and 50's soon, game over. 320 miles for the season, better than 0.