February 13, 2024

pclark

20 degrees and .25 of fluffy snow this morning. I thought it was supposed to get cold next week but if you look at the long range until the end of the month it’s 30’s to 40 for up here with some 20’s but not many. I drove down a fire road yesterday and it had a few inches of snow but what I noticed was low spots where water collected I was breaking through the ice. You can’t establish a base under those conditions. Time to head south at the end of the week. My personal opinion is that this year is done for and most likely will not happen. Sorry for the bad news….

yooper

No worries, thanks for the update. At least there is some newish snow to play in. It's gonna be a B&B, Downtowner, Library, KBC kinda vacation. Maybe I'll get a new tattoo :)

pclark

I drove down to Minocqua today and Vilas County Highway Department was mowing the sides of Highway 51, yes it’s February 14th, sad not feeling it.
1707960837184.jpeg

pclark

Wow! PClark, have you heard of any businesses in the Mani Waters area closing for good or just closing to save money due to lack of snow this year?
No business’s have closed for good but they have had to lay off people and adjust hours. If they could get through Covid they can get through this but it’s not good.

garageguy

Here in Lakewood wi. Subway is closing for good. They are closing all stores that can't do 500 sales a day.

old abe

Many farmers in the fields down here. o_O You can drive anywhere you want to in a two wheel drive pickup. That's unheard of this time of year! This is not good, and it will make for a interesting crop year for sure. :unsure:

Airman68

Crazy, stupid weather. We are going to try to ride a bit next week, might be a little bit in da UP. I hope this year was a one off otherwise I'll have some new lawn ornaments.