February 4, 2024

pclark

Currently 12 degrees and sunny at 7:30am, still looks like winter but supposed to be 44 with full sun today. It’s weird because yesterday it was 43 with sun and we didn’t lose as much snow as I would have thought. The snow is rock hard and clear and cold at night. I do think we will lose all snow over in the next 5 days with temperatures in the mid forties.
1707054353033.jpeg

dfattack

that’s looking east? Assuming so. Is the sun further south this year? Or perhaps last years picture was more towards the end of February putting sun further north?

Sweep800

Currently 12 degrees and sunny at 7:30am, still looks like winter but supposed to be 44 with full sun today. It’s weird because yesterday it was 43 with sun and we didn’t lose as much snow as I would have thought. The snow is rock hard and clear and cold at night. I do think we will lose all snow over in the next 5 days with temperatures in the mid forties.
View attachment 69566
Great pic! I’m a fan of the tree buffer between the lake and house! Looks cool. 😎

attakman

Do you think at this point nokomis or surrounding lakes would even get marked?
NOPE...not looking good at all....the closer we get to March the less likely that will happen.....it's alot of work to put that stuff up, only to remove it a couple of weeks later.

hermie

NOPE...not looking good at all....the closer we get to March the less likely that will happen.....it's alot of work to put that stuff up, only to remove it a couple of weeks later.
I would agree with you on this one. I don't think the lakes will be marked at all this season no matter what happens from this point forward. The ice is taking a big hit and it won't be safe enough to mark or even worth the time to mark.,too late in the season at this point.