Field leveling equipment

BNF CAT

Our club has decided to upgrade our groomer from a Tucker to a Cat Challenger tractor. In the past I have used my tractor and disc to level the plowed fields in our trail system, now that we will have a large tractor to pull some larger field equipment, here is my question. Is there any clubs out there leveling their fields with a mulch finisher? Dont get me wrong my disk does an awsome job after three to four passes in each field, I am looking for something that will turn the dirt into powder in one pass. Thanks for any responses.

jim_golding

Our club uses a disc and roller and we can pretty much do it in one pass provided the fileds are dry, otherwise it does not break it up very good. We use a tractor to pull equipment either a Deere or an older Massey.

BNF CAT

Thanks for the reply Jim, is that in molboard plowed fields or chisel plowed? We have a couple farmers in our system that chisel plow down 24", and the disk I have is not big enough to carry enough dirt to fill in in one pass. We tryed a cultipacter this fall in one of those fields, it did "ok" but still had to make three passes but it was also alittle wet out.

jim_golding

Most of the farmes chisel plow around here, however there are a few that deep bottom plow and it seems to do OK. I would need to talk to the guys that do the discing to see how many passes they take, but from what I can tell it is typically two - one on the way out and one on the way back. I have noticed when the field is wet they have to do 3 or more and even then it does not break up right. No matter what the first time out in the tucker is a little rough!