First camp trip of the year this weekend!

mspease

We can't believe it's time for our first trip. We are heading to the Chippewa Flowage and staying at Camp Chip or The Chippewa Flowage campground. One of our favorites. We have a total of 7 trips planned. Anyone have any camp trips coming up?

elf

Our first one isn't until Fathers day weekend but after that we have one for Kakabekka Falls in Thunder Bay and Hay Days of course. Going to be a busy summer with selling the house and getting moved so hopefully we'll get some more planned.

nytro_rtx

Last weekend was our 1st of the year, only a lil over an hour from home for a wedding but it was nice to get out for the 1st time! We are heading to White Pine next weekend and Maggie Valley NC at the end of the month for a Slingshot rally plus a few more we have booked throughout the summer! Also camping at some dirt bike races and drag races. Looking forward to a great summer camping and hope everyone else does too!

mspease

Our first one isn't until Fathers day weekend but after that we have one for Kakabekka Falls in Thunder Bay and Hay Days of course. Going to be a busy summer with selling the house and getting moved so hopefully we'll get some more planned.
Have you decided where you are moving yet? I know you were thinking out west, but maybe that's down the road?

elf

Have you decided where you are moving yet? I know you were thinking out west, but maybe that's down the road?
The first move will just be to the cabin full time. Still working for another 611 days but who's counting? So I'll just commute to work while my wife works fully remote. Hopefully by then we'll have decided on a long term location. The move to the cabin is aimed to accomplish a couple of goals, one is we'll save a crap ton of money by only having one residence with no mortgage. One less electric, gas, insurance, property tax, etc... bills. And two, if we decide to move out west and sell the cabin we'll avoid paying any capital gains taxes by having it be our primary residence for 2 years. And three, since we're retiring before I hit 59 1/2 and have access to 401K accounts we need to be able to live cheaply for a year. I joke with my wife that if we live all of 2026 off just savings I want to file my taxes that year and have 0 income! See if I can finally get a tax return! And four, I've finally convinced my wife we need to build a a garage at the cabin!
We honestly have no idea where we'll end up long term but we want to have our options open. The first spring/summer though is a 4-5 month trip out west and to Alaska with the camper. Maybe we'll figure it out then.

mspease

Sounds like a good plan! The north shore isn't too shabby either. Love it up there. Got married at Larsmont Cottages right on the shore.

elf

Sounds like a good plan! The north shore isn't too shabby either. Love it up there. Got married at Larsmont Cottages right on the shore.
Larsmont is a great spot. Good food and very nice cottages to rent. We do a strategic planning session up there yearly for work.

The north shore is awesome, we love it up there but you are pretty isolated in spots. It is still one of the considerations for where we end up.

pclark

Your plan is similar to the one we did in 2021. Sold our primary residence, made awesome money, downsized, got rid of double bills, taxes, insurance, etc. also don’t have the outside lawn care anymore. And, as you might have noticed I built my dream garage last year. Things are certainly a lot simpler now and we get to wake up to this sunrise.

Attachments

• IMG_1135.jpeg
    IMG_1135.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: elf