Fishing on LOW 3/4 - 3/5 2017

skiroule

Been a little slow in this section so thought I’d post a couple of photos from last weekend fishing on the Ontario side of Lake of the Woods. Probably not very good weather for sledding but incredible for fishing – sunny, warm, and no wind. Daytime bite was slow but they went crazy just before sundown. Ended up with nice Walleye/Sauger limits (2) both days and threw a lot of fish back.

Also including a photo of the mink that raided my fish bucket on the deck and took off carrying one of the fish like a dog bone with me in hot pursuit. Lucky for me, he had to drop the fish to escape through the deck railing. Fish were on the deck for less than 15 minutes before he showed up.

Mink thief aside, beautiful days to be on the lake.

DSCN3060_zpsn4zyw1kn.jpg

DSCN3069_zpsxca8xw1z.jpg

DSCN3068_zpsc2vsi8hl.jpg

DSCN3071_zps4pkh41ec.jpg

DSCN3073_zpsekmjixux.jpg

skiroule

Yep, along with the otters, they are clever. Learned the hard way with otters that figured out how to open the door on a floating minnow bucket. The mink had some nerve as well. Returned to the scene of the crime and looked in the door, apparently looking for his lost fish.

And yes, he did wipe his paws.

DSCN3077_zpsnfuylg0c.jpg

skiroule

There is a reason NW Ontario calls itself Sunset Country.

Definitely. Not sure if it is the latitude, the lake, or a combination of both but the sunsets are often breathtaking. I don't have a camera that even begins to capture what they are like in person.

C

Cirrus_Driver

I envy you dude - that's God's country right there. Good pics!