Fly in moose hunt in ontario

schnook

haha!! you need to lead a long ways apparently. just wondering if anyone has been on a moose hunt in ontario? Also i bet they make a big thud when they hit the ground.:)

srt20

Been on 2 fly in moose hunts in Ontario. Both with air Ivanhoe. Near Foleyet, west of Timmons. We were about 35-40 miles out in the bush. Nobody for miles around, 18 mile long lake. Awesome walleye lake, along with moose and bear hunting.

My father in law has been going there for 20+ years, and now that he is retired he does some sports shows out east for them along with some bear guiding.

toby1

i have been to northern alberta a few times and was great .but thats a very long drive so we were talking on going some place closer .so srt20 if you could give us some info on that trip that would be nice .thanks .

srt20

www.air-ivanhoe.com/

Its about 6 hrs from the Soo. They have alot of cabins, like 40 of them. And most are fly-in. Their main business is fishing in summer, but do hunting too. Gotta look around on the site to find hunting stuff. Most cabins have a generator for electric. They are quiet Hondas, you dont even hear them. They supply boats, motors and fuel. Basic alum Lund boats with 9.9 Yamaha motors. The cabin I stayed at both times was actually on an island. Pretty cool. We caught a bunch of walleyes the day before the season opened, so we ate good..lol
Let me know if you have any other questions. Got a busy week so not sure how fast I will get back to ya, but I will. His moose tags dont last long, so you dont want to put it off to long if your interested.