Fogged Helmet Shield....

danzo

OK, so I got a helmet that I bought a few years back that they dont make anymore and a electric shield is not available anymore. Have problems with frosting/fogging shield all the time and wonder what works to resolve this without buying a new helmet with a elec shield. Am unemployed right now so am on a budget otherwise I would just get a new helmet. Also I usually wear glasses for my distant vision but never worn them on the sled cause they always fog up also. What do you guys use to end this fogging problem so a guy can see where he's going! Thanks

squarepants2

I use to have issues with fogging. I bought a No-Fog mask. No-Fog is the brand name and you can find it at almost every place that sells snowmobile accessories. I have a modular helmet with heated shield now but my son uses it now and has no issues. It works great even at really cold temps. You can wear glasses with it also. Cost is around $32. No-Fog.com good luck

fcat700

My son and I have the same helmet with the stock shields (Arctic Cat TXI). Mine will fog and his doesn't. We figured out it wasn’t the helmet; it was the windshield on the sleds. He rides a Sabercat with a medium windshield and I a Firecat with a low windshield. I know this might not help you but ya never know might not be your helmet.

nitrodoo

fogging problem

My son wears glasses we found stuff called cat crap it comes in a small container he carries in his pocket its a compound with the consistancy of car wax you rub it on with youe finger and wipe off with soft cloth.We picked his up in Gaylord at the sled shed weve also put it on face sheilds with good results.

zimmbob

I use to have issues with fogging. I bought a No-Fog mask. No-Fog is the brand name and you can find it at almost every place that sells snowmobile accessories. I have a modular helmet with heated shield now but my son uses it now and has no issues. It works great even at really cold temps. You can wear glasses with it also. Cost is around $32. No-Fog.com good luck

x2. There is also a brand called Fog Evader. Same thing. I have one, works wonders, and never cold.

jimmyj

I wear glasses and have dealt with this issue for years now. Here are some of my suggestions. I think one of the keys is the no fog type mask. I have a Polaris AF 1 helmet that works great for non fogging issues. If you want to switch over to a moto cross helmet, I just did that in the past month for a trip to Tog and tried out the KIM F4 this past weekend. I heard a lot of people say it would be cold and I was apprehensive about the goggles and the glasses fogging. The helmt was great temperature wise, even at night when it was about 10F. I was ditch bagging and trail riding, but it might have been too cold when traveling at higher speeds. The forehead was the only cold spot as it does not seal perfectly there. I could stick it out if I had to with the cold part. The fogging part with the glasses was even great. I bought the Scott OTG frame and used the Cat Crap on the eye glasses. It was just as good as the AF 1 helmet I have to admit. I was not doing any heavy boondocking, but I did dig out of some five foot drifts and heated up a bit and put the F4 back on and did not have any issues and figure that this is as good as it will get for a guy with glasses. I hear the L frames from Smith are a good choice too. Will know how well the F4 works when I go to Togwotee in mid January. Good luck since I know the fogging is very frustrating and can be compounded with eye glasses issues.

xcsp

OK, so I got a helmet that I bought a few years back that they dont make anymore and a electric shield is not available anymore. Thanks

Have you checked on eBay, maybe somebody selling NOS (new, old, stock) shields for your helmet?

chicagosledder

I know this sounds crazy but it works. Try rubbing shaving cream on the shield and then wipe it off. The cream has a chemical in it that resists fogging. If you don't believe me try it on your bathroom mirror while taking a hot shower.